War on Drugs?

Pitch a fit in a cop shop in any US city or town and you'll wind up maced, tased, and disgraced. Ours are as corrupt as yours, but as a rule they aren't lazy about finding a reason to stomp and/or shoot. Militarization of the police proceeds apace.

Of course there's much to be said in defense of the police. Cops get killed every day in all kinds of places, and the bad guys are well armed too. Dealing with that has to affect a person's attitude toward others.

Police should be paid far more than they are. They should be psychology vetted and evaluated periodically. They should be in top physical condition and should get periodic paid leave. The day in day out grind of dealing with the worst of society is too much for anyone to endure and not become jaded.

Police should be paid far more than they are. They should be psychology vetted and evaluated periodically. They should be in top physical condition and should get periodic paid leave. The day in day out grind of dealing with the worst of society is too much for anyone to endure and not become jaded.
Just about every politician in my city, county and state is running for election or reelection on a platform of lowering everyone's taxes.
So here's the challenge... square the two positions.

Just about every politician in my city, county and state is running for election or reelection on a platform of lowering everyone's taxes.
So here's the challenge... square the two positions.

Last edited:

I dont know the US conditions but here that would be something worth trying 1/3 of the force most likely could be fired at once without big differncce
and the money spent on hiring " High Performers "
I worked construction when I was young and there was a spread age late 20 ies to late 30 ies had the physique and knew the profession and was payed more ...Performing a better job. Had to pay more otherwise they could more or less cross the street and get it there.
I never had any problems if People making a good job also are payed.
It is simpler for the leadership also ...being able to hire better personnel getting a better efficiency.
The skilled construction workers did not need any supervision no Boss
I don't believe that the lowest cost is the optimum at all times
The saying " You get what you pay for "
The supervision of a Cop or a Construction worker is not so easy because they are not on a site where the boss can look if they actually are working .. Or stuffing donuts in the face watching ladies all day.
So if there is a possibility to make money i think that is worth trying
If there is a risk and no reward no one works At least not in Construction

If you break down the war on drugs to economic terms it's supply and demand. If the demand drops the supply will drop. If the supply drops the demand may not. Not to say we or any country should stop preventing the drugs from coming in. We have "taken out" cartels, problem is another is formed in the vacuum.
Old saying is if you cut off the head of a snake the body dies. Where is the head of this snake?
I think we as a society need to spend equal amounts on both ends of the snake.

Skull it's just that you should say exactly what you mean or ask exactly what you to know. We now have members that have self appointed themselves forum police intent on enforcing non-existent rules. Then they turn the thread into a shit-show.
I'll now go sit in the corner. Believe it or not in grade school I had to do that a few times.

I believe that should be 'too political'. Just another of those oft confused words: where, were. There, their. Affect, effect. There's so many of them, enough to give you a headache. And let's not get started on American spellings! the English language has a lot to answer for!

And how many adds are showing the person, runing for electionn, running around with AR15's and bigger guns saying its everyone right to have one.........must make the choice to be a police officer that much harder, or easier not to.
You do realize that an AR-15 is a .22 caliber weapon right? It's not particularly powerful. And yes, as an American, a law abiding American, I believe I have the right to own one, although I do not, in fact, own one.

Um yeah several posts going off topic in a forbidden direction.
I don't make the rules but get the joyous job of herding the cats around here.
The original theme was bound to cause that drift at some point, the usual suspects were going there. self police, guys.
It's not that hard unless your intent is to blow up any threads that aren't directly MC related.

I may be a little extra grumpy tonite, day three on the horsy trailer repairs..............

Last edited:
Um yeah several posts going off topic in a forbidden direction.
I don't make the rules but get the joyous job of herding the cats around here.
The original theme was bound to cause that drift at some point the usual suspects were going there. self police, guys.
It's not that hard unless your intent is to blow up any threads that aren't directly MC related.

I may be a little extra grumpy tonite, day three on the horsy trailer repairs..............
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

trainwreck GIF

Back