WARNING RE AIRTECH

I would consider their Facebook page (which WR linked)

I could try that, though I suspect they would delete it from their page. Youtube is an option.

Wouldn't a decent company just measure their own product and a relevant xs650 frame themselves? Not that hard to do really. The fact that they have tried to blame me saying that I didn't read the measurements on their website (they aren't there) or that my frame must have shifted when I removed the rear hoop (didn't happen) is just horrible customer service and terrible business practice. They haven't even bothered to fix their website. Still selling a tray that doesn't fit to innocent, naive customers I assume. Unreal.

I could try that, though I suspect they would delete it from their page.

Yes they would, BUT you can tag them in a post on your page and they can't.
I would link their site and FB page in the post.
And I would suspect by now your are becoming a thorn in that CSR's side. So I would hold out an olive branch by offering to post any positive results they offer.
Both in this thread and on your FB post, by editing the post to add what they have done to rectify this.
Like MaxPete I also looked at one of their seats but this is way too much hassle for me. Easier to find another supplier.

I will remove some of my Images that are wrong. Will repost as soon as i have updated the information. 70-73 frames are wider than the information posted. main problem still remains

I would hold out an olive branch by offering to post any positive results they offer.
Both in this thread and on your FB post, by editing the post to add what they have done to rectify this.

This is what I already emailed to them. (four days ago)

"This story and conversation is now posted on XS650.com. If you provide me with a reasonable resolution, I will post that as well. As of now, your unusable product and poor customer service is clear for all to see."

Last edited:
Still not a word from these guys.
If anyone has a 70-73 frame and needs a battery tray... well, I can sell you one cheap.

Still not a word from these guys.
If anyone has a 70-73 frame and needs a battery tray... well, I can sell you one cheap.

Hi robo,
you shouldn't have to eff around like this but if the mfrs won't take the thing back and you'd use the thing if it fitted your bike,
here's a way to fix it:-
Split the bastard with two cuts down the middle so that it's narrow enough to fit your frame.
Butt the two halves together and join them up with a narrow strip of sheetmetal and pop rivets.

My friend is an airplane structural mechanic. He measured my frame the other day and is making me a couple different types of battery trays for my different set-ups (small battery, larger battery, fuse block, ect)
They will be aluminum and he said they will be pretty darn light.
Hopefully he will make a few more.
I was hoping to find one that would fit the bill for me, but everything seems to not fit or is not the right size.
Cognito cycles makes them, but mostly for Honda.

Back