WELSH FLAT TRACK REVIVAL

Here's the pigtail adaptor for the GN box Adam. See how it compares to your wiring?

1688653647736.png

Also... be aware that the quality of those Chinese boxes is very hit an' miss. Don't discount the possibility you got a lemon.

GONZO A GO-GO!

lets be honest as adult males we all like to fiddle with our bits!

I tried installing the Gonzo with reference to the forum wiring to no avail. Bike would turn over but no sparks.
Re-arranged the pins in the connector block and second try the bike wanted to fire but popped and banged without actually starting.
Battery was down a bit by now so a re-charge overnight

Jim was kind enough to assist me down the path of the Gonzo box; and after a few hiccups and false non-starts I referred back to my re-wire of the bike.
A few fiddles later; referencing Jim's pigtail diagram, and swapping the polarity in the trigger wires I reinstalled the Gonzo for the third time. Battery now fully charged.

Key on, choke out, fuel on, lights off, in neutral. Press the start button and...... Vrooooom! Away she went.

I let her warm up and checked timing with my new boys toy The Strobe Light. All good with the old girl firing bang on her marks at Idle; and also at advance.

Here is a quick pic of the rough install with the Gonzo attached:
IMG_0254.JPEG

I will 'tidy' (Now that is a Welsh word) up the wires today; maybe post a video with it running and showing strobe light.
Tomorrow, if Mrs C comes to work to cover the shop, I will get out for a test ride.
I really do hope this gets me a step closer to a reliably running bike. I need to see if this banishes my hot running mis-fire issues.
The Old TCI is going to a computer repair company who have refurbished one in the past.

Here's to tomorrow :cheers:

Thanks all,
Ads.:devil:

Please provide a link to where you bought the Gonzo box
And other stuff. Ill probably solder .wires .but if the boxes are good and cheap Ill perhaps buy having standby.
Can be goood to have as fault finding backup hooking up see if it changes things

Please provide a link to where you bought the Gonzo box
And other stuff. Ill probably solder .wires .but if the boxes are good and cheap Ill perhaps buy having standby.
Can be goood to have as fault finding backup hooking up see if it changes things
Hi Jan,
I got my Gonzo from a 'London' eBay dealer; thinking it would arrive in a couple of days.
Took over two weeks and I believe the seller was a multi product dealer in the UK buying in bulk from China.
GONZO LONDON.PNG

Most of the ones listed on eBay UK are from China anyhow; and cheaper inc postage!
I will be ordering another two from eBay UK / China soon.
Ads.

Strobing easier with two people.

My Willing Assistant doesn't like revving the engine - she's frightened of opening the throttle too far and doing damage. But if I do the throttle thing, I can't really see the marks and assistant doesn't quite know what she's supposed to be reporting. Ho hum.

Yeah, when I ditch the camera I can actuate the throttle to advance.
Strobe then fires at the notch at the bottom of the casing, call it six o’Clock position.

I still need to test ride the bike and see if my misfire / bogging at over half throttle has been cured when she’s fully warmed up.

GONZO DOES A-GO-GO....... Vrroooommmm.....

OK if you have followed the progress of my misfiring and bogging down bike; you will know my frustrations and tribulations in trying to resolve things.

Well I can attest that the Suzuki GN250 GONZO install has solved my running issues.
Today she ran like a dream for 60 mile round trip. Maybe a little rich; so some carb fiddling required.
But boy am I happy that she now does go. Revs pretty cleanly throughout the rev range and pulls strongly through the gears.
Even the freaking clutch worked OK; and I am yet to install the conversion kit and push rod.

If you have a troublesome TCI unit then I can happily confirm the Gonzo works.
Ads.

GONZO DOES A-GO-GO....... Vrroooommmm.....

OK if you have followed the progress of my misfiring and bogging down bike; you will know my frustrations and tribulations in trying to resolve things.

Well I can attest that the Suzuki GN250 GONZO install has solved my running issues.
Today she ran like a dream for 60 mile round trip. Maybe a little rich; so some carb fiddling required.
But boy am I happy that she now does go. Revs pretty cleanly throughout the rev range and pulls strongly through the gears.
Even the freaking clutch worked OK; and I am yet to install the conversion kit and push rod.

If you have a troublesome TCI unit then I can happily confirm the Gonzo works.
Ads.

Yay! Success! Well done.
IMG_1188.jpeg

Back