What have you done to your XS today?

Last night cut welded up a battery box to bolt to bottom of my electronics box after it is mounted in the frame. Going to cut a rectangular slot in bottom of electronics box to be able to hook up to battery from within the electronics box. More pictures to come as I progress

Attachments

• battery-box.JPG
    battery-box.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 188
  • battery-box2.JPG
    battery-box2.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 152
  • battery-box3.JPG
    battery-box3.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 164
  • battery-box4.JPG
    battery-box4.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
added a back to the battery box and a tab on the front to keep it in place. Mounted to the bike. I also welded a bolt in the bottom of the box for a ground lug to use as ground for anything I need to ground will also run a ground out from it to the motor and battery of course. Now I have to pull out all the electronics as thinking of getting it blasted and clear coated as I need to go over to the local blaster and powder coat shop and get all the engine mounts blasted and powdered shiny black.

Attachments

• build1.jpg
    build1.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 213
  • build.jpg
    build.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 174
What have i done to my XS today???

I "rided" it!

Attachments

• WP_20150119_16_20_58_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150119_16_20_58_Pro.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 189
What have i done to my XS today???

I "rided" it!

I was going to "roded" mine yesterday, but I fell short of time doing my wiring!:D:D:bike:

Almost there though! I just have to tidy up the wiring- which is done BTW!!- and then see if she still runs, and also see if the new clutch plates have sorted my clutch issues! going to have to wait until the weekend now, too cold out in the shed with the shitty cold snap we are having!

Been stripping paint off 1B parts, got a full set done and off to mr. paint. One of those mindless but doing something tasks.

I added one more welded in bolt for a ground lug in my electronics box and took my engine mounts and electronics box to the blast and powder coat man hope to pick them up tomorrow.

jmink427: Ive tried to contact Scott about a exhaust and talked to someone who sells a couple types on ebay who is not far from me here in Michigan but he can only bend to 6*. Was it hard to tune the carbs after installing it.
Im not sure with my crude welding abilities that I could do one myself. May just give it a try. But probably just blow holes in it.
What did you weld yours up with? thanks,

jmink427: Ive tried to contact Scott about a exhaust and talked to someone who sells a couple types on ebay who is not far from me here in Michigan but he can only bend to 6*. Was it hard to tune the carbs after installing it.
Im not sure with my crude welding abilities that I could do one myself. May just give it a try. But probably just blow holes in it.
What did you weld yours up with? thanks,

I have a Miller Syncrowave 250 machine... I build headers all the time so its not really an issue for me burning through, but I have done it!.

Got my parts from the powder coat shop today. Im including a before and after picture. Im not sold on the colour that the clear turned out. I guess after you sandblast steel it looks grey so this is what I got.

Attachments

• before4.jpg
    before4.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 173
  • after4.jpg
    after4.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 188
I just mounted up the tire on my new to me 16" rim for my 73 tx650.
Now I'm just waiting for new wheel bearings.

1545053_10206048751567689_988558135989734164_n.jpg

Yeah...Terrible. You better send that to me to 'dispose' of for you :wink2:
Nice. I need that.

That box and battery holder took me longer to make as cutting, bending and welding the brat style parts I made by hand. I think im going to like the way it going to work out but kinda wish I had it done in black. If I decide to get the frame powder coated next year Ill re do it then. Thanks for the thumbs up.

Back