Whats your weather right now?

Out the garden at 6.00am, lovely fresh morning with the sun just warming the ground. Feed the wild birds (feathered type); Sparrows first followed by Blackbirds, Magpies, Collar Necked Doves then fat bellied Wood Pigeon’s (For the pot at sometime).

Forecast is for wind and rain after 2.00pm. Bugger.
And it rained!

Crap..... I spent my adult life out working in this stuff... so I'm outside working on the van.
Funny, it seemed much easier 20yrs ago. :er:

1690407112826.png

Low 70's in the morning and 83 later in the day Not to bad
But dry as a popcorn fart out there we've topped the record for dryest May - July ( we've got 1.86 inches so far)
Today I start watering the trees just put out a hose by them and run it it real slow and then walk away for a few hours..then on to the next tree
It's sad to see the leaves drooping but I got a shallow well so I don't need to get robbed by the city

Well this summer has just been exceptionally brutal. I’ve lived here all my life and I’ve never seen more than 15 consecutive days over 110 degrees. We also broke records for having the highest overnight lows, it’s often still 100 degrees at 10:00 PM. This combination of extreme heat and a lack of cooling off overnight has been deadly to landscaping, I’ve seen scores of dead shrubs and trees and have been surprised to see , that even desert plants being cooked to death. We still have a lot of summer left……I sure hope this isn’t the new normal! 😬
IMG_6056.jpegIMG_6057.jpeg

Well this summer has just been exceptionally brutal. I’ve lived here all my life and I’ve never seen more than 15 consecutive days over 110 degrees. We also broke records for having the highest overnight lows, it’s often still 100 degrees at 10:00 PM. This combination of extreme heat and a lack of cooling off overnight has been deadly to landscaping, I’ve seen scores of dead shrubs and trees and have been surprised to see , that even desert plants being cooked to death. We still have a lot of summer left……I sure hope this isn’t the new normal! 😬
View attachment 248262View attachment 248263
No, it’s not normal. It’s abnormal weather patterns.

July will be a new record high monthly global temperature. And that's just a for instance.... plenty of records to pick from.
So, how can something be both "normal" and a "record?" :er:
It's normal for August to be hotter than July. I fully expect August to also break records. It's just my uneducated opinion in the matter. Nothing about record temps, just that more heat is on the way.

If we have knocked the weather off its axis, we can't say what it will settle down to as the new normal.

But while a lot of people in other parts of the World are suffering from record heat waves, in Britain we've had the coldest, wettest July for . . . I don't know full facts but many, many years. Apparently, there's different ways of looking at the records, how the data was collected in the past and that sort of thing.

One summer which sticks out for me as really poor was 2004. Went sorta, kinda like into business with an acquaintance who had a small m/c business. He used to have a bike for sale in the shop, said he could make a good return on selling bikes, provided he bought at the right price, but could only finance one bike - had to sell that before he could buy another. We looked at ways to leverage up a little bit more cash so he could have two or three bikes on offer.

But that summer, it seemed to rain every bloody weekend. Atlantic wet fronts coming though one after another. Not a good year for a venture capitalist in the m/c sector. To quote one dealer we wuz talking to about the state of trade, 'With this weather, the bloody bikes are just nailed to the floor, mate!'

If we have knocked the weather off its axis, we can't say what it will settle down to as the new normal.

But while a lot of people in other parts of the World are suffering from record heat waves, in Britain we've had the coldest, wettest July for . . . I don't know full facts but many, many years. Apparently, there's different ways of looking at the records, how the data was collected in the past and that sort of thing.

One summer which sticks out for me as really poor was 2004. Went sorta, kinda like into business with an acquaintance who had a small m/c business. He used to have a bike for sale in the shop, said he could make a good return on selling bikes, provided he bought at the right price, but could only finance one bike - had to sell that before he could buy another. We looked at ways to leverage up a little bit more cash so he could have two or three bikes on offer.

But that summer, it seemed to rain every bloody weekend. Atlantic wet fronts coming though one after another. Not a good year for a venture capitalist in the m/c sector. To quote one dealer we wuz talking to about the state of trade, 'With this weather, the bloody bikes are just nailed to the floor, mate!'
No one place is exactly like another, but it's typical for the northern hemisphere as a whole the be hottest in August.

Capture.PNG

Great weather today.
Left Mrs. C at the shop and went for a quick ride on the Beemer.
Only a 40 mile run and loved every minute.
I love the GS1200 its so capable.
I must be totally invisible on the BMW as other bikes I see do not nod or wave; shame.

Back