Whats your weather right now?

Today we stand at 18 consecutive days above 110 degrees, which broke the all time record! 🥵
This is our forecast , no end in sight, even some of my desert plants in my yard are dying. This is crazy.
View attachment 247258
How do you cope, Bob? Stay in all day?

It's a similar picture across southern Europe. Renewed heatwaves across Italy, Greece, Spain, Turkey and the Balkans with record temps and no end in sight for at least ten days. Some places, Sicily for example, have Red warnings asking old people and folk with health conditions to stay indoors.

But the Scottish Borders today will be cool and cloudy with rain. Not that there's any much clouds right now.

Last edited:

It's a similar picture across southern Europe. Renewed heatwaves across Italy, Greece, Spain, Turkey and the Balkans with record temps and no end insight for at least ten days. Some places, Sicily for example, have Red warnings asking old people and folk with health conditions to stay indoors.

But the Scottish Borders today will be cool and cloudy with rain. Not that there's any much clouds right now.
My step son and his wife have just flown out to Rome; with three kids in tow.......... :lmao::laugh2::lmao:
Rather them than me I say.

They are staying in Rome for a few days 'Sight Seeing'.
Then travelling by train down to Puglia in the South; staying in Matera.
Its a great historical ancient city and a wonderful place to explore (Maybe not so much in the heat they are experiencing).
The film Passion of the Christ was filmed there. I was actually there when the Crucifixion scene was being filmed.
I worked for an Italian company in Puglia for around 10 years.

MATERA CITY:
MAtera 1.PNG

HOTEL ROOM I OFTEN STAYED IN
matera 2.PNG

BATHROOM IN HOTEL ROOM
matera 3.PNG

Maid is on cleaning duty.

Attachments

• matera 3.PNG
    matera 3.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 33

We do go out a lot actually, but we get up about sunrise and if we want to run any errands or go shopping we go when the stores first open and we are back in our air conditioned house before 10:00 AM. On the flip side of all this heat, we have eight months of pretty wonderful weather.

My step son and his wife have just flown out to Rome; with three kids in tow.......... :lmao::laugh2::lmao:
Rather them than me I say.

They are staying in Rome for a few days 'Sight Seeing'.
Then travelling by train down to Puglia in the South; staying in Matera.
Its a great historical ancient city and a wonderful place to explore (Maybe not so much in the heat they are experiencing).
The film Passion of the Christ was filmed there. I was actually there when the Crucifixion scene was being filmed.
I worked for an Italian company in Puglia for around 10 years.

MATERA CITY:
View attachment 247270

HOTEL ROOM I OFTEN STAYED IN
View attachment 247271

BATHROOM IN HOTEL ROOM
View attachment 247273
Maid is on cleaning duty.

That looks so very interesting!

Every other day we have severe thunder storms, large hail, locally damaging 80 mph winds and don`t forget flash floods and in between just hot and humid. These are the limbs and sticks I picked up Sat after Fri night storms. Shitburg`s weather SUX.:shrug:
DSCN1010-001.JPG

Every other day we have severe thunder storms, large hail, locally damaging 80 mph winds and don`t forget flash floods and in between just hot and humid. These are the limbs and sticks I picked up Sat after Fri night storms. Shitburg`s weather SUX.:shrug:
View attachment 247311
Let’s not forget how cold it will be this winter. Brrrr!

View attachment 247311
Was gonna say, getting ready early for 5th November? But I doubt many N Americans would understand.

Looks like I can dodge the rain today.
Mrs C is doing what she calls 'My Washing', and other stuff for our Grand daughter.
So today I get to test ride the GONZO box install!
Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 08.31.53.png

Maybe catch a few wild trout on the river this afternoon too.
Ads.

Looks like I can dodge the rain today.
Mrs C is doing what she calls 'My Washing', and other stuff for our Grand daughter.
So today I get to test ride the GONZO box install!
View attachment 247331
Maybe catch a few wild trout on the river this afternoon too.
Ads.
Sod the trout they can swim for another day and dodge the frying pan!

I had such a nice day on my XS650 today I stayed out and played a little longer than expected.

Last edited:
Weather here has been glorious this past week. Low in the morning around 60, highs low to mid 80’s. I had to get out on Patience so I just dropped everything and rode for a couple hours. Only problem is freakin cars seem to appear out of nowhere with crappy drivers when I get to any twisties.

We're into the last week of July and it has been a very disappointing month of weather. Wet, windy and cold. Cold for July, that is - today's high will be 15°C which is about 60°F.

After prolonged drought earlier this year, the River Tweed is running high, almost in spate, with all the rain in the past couple of weeks.

Went out on the W800 to meet up with friends in Wooler for a cuppa and a chat. Cloudy but not actually raining today - that makes a change - so a nice day for a ride. But it felt more like Autumn than Summer.

For MN it's just friggin hot
And did I mention dry
A friend cut my lawn for me in early May and now the mower sits and the well keeps the garden from frying up all together
Ah but it's a dry.... dry

Cuenca Ecusdor is also about 8500 ft up in the Andes. Jus' sayin'....

Coastal cities in Ecuador are currently in the 90°s.
This, I know. In Ecuador, you can change climate simply moving up and down in elevation. Get homesick, go to Guayaquil for a dose of hot & sticky. If temperatures in the 70s are too warm, Quito isn’t far away. I’m probably enjoying Guayaquil weather right now. 🥵

Back