Whats your weather right now?

20231105_153510.jpg

12 C and Sunny
It feels like 4:38.
Just came in from a nice ride and then cut the back lawn.

Gets dark early now we've put the clocks back. But then again, it's light earlier in the morning - go out for my walk an hour earlier now.

Since all the storms and heavy rain last week, it's not too cold, the Council lorries haven't been out, the roads are clean. Probably see some 2-wheel action later today.

POST SCRIPT - went shopping in Galashiels on Miss November, roads mostly salt free. Just mud, gravel, streams running across the road. But Sun out, blue sky, I'm on a motor bike, life is good.

Last edited:
81 F, sunny and windy.
Persimmon, dead center, sugar plums a hangin'. Chestnuts leaves to the right have browned out from yellow overnight.
Got a couple of close ups. Persimmons and then a shot of some old buck damage to one of the Chestnut trunks. Trees are a hundred feet out from the back deck
IMG_0141.JPG

IMG_0142.JPG
IMG_0143.JPG

Last edited:
IMG_5891.jpeg

Well here we sit late afternoon. Almost 50 deg f’ .
Came home early enough to squeeze in a ride opportunity but my neighbors big rowdy Labrador has come out of a window and is making the most of freedom in the neighborhood!
Ya, I tethered him here with my dog. After a phone call his family is coming here soon .. but wow am I wishing it was now.
Playing with mixture screws here, Might still get a short ride 😎
IMG_5899.jpeg

Unremitting rain.

We had the wettest October since records began. Then last week, cold & dry, salt on't roads. Now it's raining again, on saturated ground. Floods, official warning against using the roads in Eastern Scotland, train cancellations.

At least this should wash the salt away.

Unremitting rain.

We had the wettest October since records began. Then last week, cold & dry, salt on't roads. Now it's raining again, on saturated ground. Floods, official warning against using the roads in Eastern Scotland, train cancellations.

At least this should wash the salt away.
Similar situation here too. Rain, rain and more rain. High winds overnight, calming down now. All the flood culverts are full of water, any more rain and they will overflow. Not a great idea to ride in this shit storm. I am desperate to ride Taffy to see if my plug swap has resolved my mis-fire issue.

I'm in Central Maryland and we get wide temp variances quite often during the winter with spot days of riding. I'm not going to winterize the bikes this year. I had an 83 XJ650 project last year that started in November and was first test riding in late December. That being said, last winter was very mild. We have had stretches of freezing night temps for weeks before.
Last year I was riding in 40F-50F temps for short 30-45 minute rides on 35mph local roads. I plan do do the same to exercise the bikes.

Rain, we actually need rain! At night, when I can't ride the next day of course!

20231113_161636.jpg
14 Degrees & Sunny in SW Ontario
Went out without the earplugs for the full aural effect. Sounds more powerful for the first 10 minutes, eh?
Nice weather for this time of year, maybe a couple more days of it yet. Each one is a gift.

Similar situation here too. Rain, rain and more rain. High winds overnight, calming down now. All the flood culverts are full of water, any more rain and they will overflow. Not a great idea to ride in this shit storm. I am desperate to ride Taffy to see if my plug swap has resolved my mis-fire issue.
Drive home tonight along the country lanes. Culverts were overflowing, lanes dark, and biblical rain could not run off the road. 20mph max in my 4WD truck.
two cars abandoned on roadside. It will be worse tomorrow.

Last edited:
Went out without the earplugs for the full aural effect. Sounds more powerful for the first 10 minutes, eh?

When I first put a sport exhaust on my old V-Strom, the first few rides I felt like a real hooligan, bellowing down the road and setting off car alarms. 😄
IMG_6550.jpegIMG_6547.jpeg
It was nothing but a straight thru glass pack.
Then I bought a decibel killer insert and the ear plugs went back in, but the dang thing was still so loud that I couldn’t hear traffic around me, nuthin but that drone
I eventually put the stock exhaust back on and sold the custom exhaust to a kid.
Does that make me old? 😆

Light snow … my favourite deer stalking weather ( I prefer to stalk, track and use positively vintage guns to hunt with, in this case , an 1858 snider enfield)

Cold , about freezing , bike is tucked in till spring :)

Pictures of course !

Attachments

• IMG_0015.jpeg
    IMG_0015.jpeg
    621.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0017.jpeg
    IMG_0017.jpeg
    636.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0021.jpeg
    IMG_0021.jpeg
    351.6 KB · Views: 30
When I first put a sport exhaust on my old V-Strom, the first few rides I felt like a real hooligan, bellowing down the road and setting off car alarms. 😄
View attachment 255106View attachment 255107
Then I bought a decibel killer insert and the ear plugs went back in, but the dang thing was still so loud that I couldn’t hear traffic around me, nuthin but that drone
I eventually put the stock exhaust back on and sold the custom exhaust to a kid.
Does that make me old? 😆
Yeah....I had the 1000cc V-Strom with Two Bros exhaust. Crazy loud till I put the gold exhaust tips on it to quiet it down, then it had just the right amount of bark. Still never rode the bike enough to justify the tabs and space in the shop so it went bye, bye.

Last edited:
View attachment 255106View attachment 255107
Does that make me old? 😆
Yes, That makes you old! I sold my ex brother's-in-law bike because of the too loud exhaust. The guy I sold it to wanted the bike because of the exhaust.

Light snow … my favourite deer stalking weather ( I prefer to stalk, track and use positively vintage guns to hunt with, in this case , an 1858 snider enfield)

Cold , about freezing , bike is tucked in till spring :)

Pictures of course !
Interesting choice of a rifle. Flint lock, It takes a true huntsman to be able to shoot and control one of those.

Back