Whats your weather right now?

Arizona sunset, taken on our evening walk. 52 degrees out. Tomorrow it will rain and overnight temperatures will drop to freezing for the next 5 days.
IMG_9481.jpeg
IMG_9482.jpeg

Obviously no Motorcycle weather
-10 Celcius

1000 cars stuck in the snow Difficulties haul them out
Unusual that so many on a major road gets stuck

If you use google chrome it is possible to translate

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/skane/totalstopp-pa-e22an-over-100-bilar-star-stilla

Total standstill on the E22 - 1,000 cars stuck in the snow
Updated January 4, 2024 Published January 3, 2024

Up to 1,000 cars got stuck on the E22 between Hörby and Kristianstad on Wednesday. Several people have been in their cars since the morning. The rescue operation has been going on throughout the night and according to the Swedish Transport Administration, the route will be closed until Friday morning.

Hard frost last night. At this time of year, go for my daily walk as soon as there's enough light - well before the Sun is up. Beautiful, clear Winter night, stars fading. In the southern sky, Moon in its last phase and a few degrees to the East, Venus has hung her bright lamp.

Path was muddy yesterday despite a light frost. But today, good, firm going - it was frozen even under the trees.

No need to go out on a bike today, so I won't.

Last edited:
A good friend of mine moved out of MN after moving out of his parents house at 18 yrs of age
Anyway when he lived at home the boys shoveled the snow (there were a few)
He moved to Texas and finally settled in Kansas
He had never used a snow blower in his life and when he came home one winter he thought he would blow out his brothers driveway while his brother was still sleeping
When he got in the house his brother asked "so how did your first time snow blowing go"
And he replied " oh pretty good but that damn blower is harder than hell to push than I though it would be"
He now knows that the blower has 3 speeds foreword and 1 in reverse
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Effin' cold but sunny today. Nightfall has arrived and temps are dropping.
I would love the snow to fall as I bought my 4X4 pickup 5 years ago and so far nothing has troubled the freakin' expensive tires I put on!
:whistle:

skinny skies today, first time this year.
KIMG5532a.jpg
But had an extended wood cutting season....
KPNR5429.JPG
a pano shot of straight racks of wood, prolly 30 cord laid in. (more since that pic) :rolleyes:
It'll be a while before we'll worry about freezing to death.

Snow is just about done. We got about 4 inches of the wettest snow you can imagine. Heart attack snow. It's all turning to slush, then when it freezes tonight it will be a real mess.

Back