Whats your weather right now?

At 1700 tonight, we are at
20240115_170920.jpg
30Ā°F and if the rain gauge is good for snow too, it looks like 1.5" of snow so far.
The weather guessers say the heavy snow arrives in a few hours.

2-3 inches yesterday and last night here in the Baltimore-Washington corridor.
I was hoping to test ride a bike, and get a bike out that I was not winterizing this weekend, no time sat/sun and was off on Monday but had to go into Dentist early and then snow came so no bueno
Just finished clearing driveway and cars so off to work.
Its going to stay at or below freezing this week so needed to clear it now.

I just finished shoveling snow, about 2 hours worth and feel great. I got both vehicles and the bikes cleared along with all the neighbors sidewalks and steps.
The temp is still 30Ā° with a bit of fog.
Not me! Iā€™m going to sit here in my house and wait for it to melt. With temperatures being what they are, it may take a few days.

Oversized vehicles are stopped in the rest area until the road improves so I took a few pics of these enormous wind turbine components on I-84 in Oregon where these things are commonly transported up the Gorge to everywhere these days šŸ¤”

Attachments

• IMG_6325.jpeg
    IMG_6325.jpeg
    357.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6326.jpeg
    IMG_6326.jpeg
    273.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6327.jpeg
    IMG_6327.jpeg
    294.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6329.jpeg
    IMG_6329.jpeg
    288.2 KB · Views: 33
Freezing night, nice crisp going for my walk this morning, temps will stay below freezing all day.

Salt? The cooncil has gone crazy - been a mild winter so far, they have big reserves of the bloody stuff, roads stiff with it, piles of salt all along every pavement.

The God Almighty has put a sock in the Mouth at the Global Warming Crowd --Strangely quiet at present
Up North was -40 Celcius Trains not running to dangerous .. Electricity prices high.

Stop again --STAY AT HOME Weather
E22 is a main road and fed from many smaller Roads. Looks like people are spending another night in the Automobile
If electric the battery can go down for keeping warm
Let's hope that they have not listened to the Global Warning BS So there is some extra Clothes in the trunk and some food.
Older generation knows this . Dont do stupid thing in winter. These days there are Mobile Phones . So you will most likely survive
I Had to walk home over the fields from school a few times

RIGHT NOW E22 completely closed

1705489624319.png

Last edited:
The God Almighty has put a sock in the Mouth at the Global Warning Crowd --Strangely quiet at present
Up North was -40 Celcius Trains not running to dangerous .. Electricity prices high.

Stop again --STAY AT HOME Weather
E22 is a main road and fed from many smaller Roads. Looks like people are spending another night in the Automobile
If electric the battery can go down for keeping warm
Let's hope that they have not listened to the Global Warning BS So there is some extra Clothes in the trunk and some food.
Older generation knows this . Dont do stupid thing in winter. These days there are Mobile Phones . So you will most likely survive
I Had to walk home over the fields from school a few times
Not here; the Weather sites have articles explaining how cold is actually hot. :cautious:

Will you burn all of that wood in one winter?
I'd have to heat the house with bonfires in the yard to use all that in one winter. :lmao: About 5 years worth for me and a year or two's heat for a bud's house in there too. A lot is because there's SO MANY ash trees killed by Emerald Ash Borer that need to come down. And we just love to cut wood.
Just snagged this MS462 off FB
KIMG5542.JPG
The snow's too deep to get out in the woods and try it. :unsure:
Can't wait!

I'd have to heat the house with bonfires in the yard to use all that in one winter. :lmao: About 5 years worth for me and a year or two's heat for a bud's house in there too. A lot is because there's SO MANY ash trees killed by Emerald Ash Borer that need to come down. And we just love to cut wood.
Just snagged this MS462 off FB
View attachment 259877
The snow's too deep to get out in the woods and try it. :unsure:
Can't wait!
Ok, i thought that looked like a lot! Slick looking saw šŸ˜. I got rid of most of my saws but one since our home doesnā€™t have any trees that need maintenance. I had a small one at the cottage but the crooks made off with that this past fall.. I kept a Stihl 026 thatā€™s maybe been used maybe 6X and will keep that around - just in case.

Back