Whats your weather right now?

Interminable rain, dreary.... However!! On such days there are wonders of reading... Here's a Thesis on the German torpedoes !! Sehrkool!
WOLVES WITHOUT TEETH:
THE GERMAN TORPEDO CRISIS IN WORLD WAR TWO

https://digitalcommons.georgiasouthern.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1599&context=etd

222 pages of fun...evidently the fellows had some organizational problems that led to many defective "fish"...considering that there were at that time about as many German Reds as Nazis, I wonder precisely about, eh, sabotage... mostly by work to rule ... Anyway, a fine read on a winter day. Enjoy!

Good morning folks. It is 31° and snowing. Looks like mother nature has called my bluff on my riding limations. The roads are freezing as fast as the snow melts and is getting packed in places. Looks like the pickup gets to take me to work today. OPM has delayed the workday by 2 hours so I get more home coffee, bonus.

24 degrees and I have this
IMG_4482.jpeg

Therefore my day will consist of tending this..
IMG_4479.jpeg

It was a beautiful day yesterday in the piney woods of NE Texas. 64 and sunny. I actually saw people take their winter gear off lol. Today a little cooler but still nice compared to home.(19*). I’ll be headed home Sunday and hopefully the warm will follow me….Damn the luck but both games I wanted to see are on Sunday during travel hours. Hopefully I can catch the radio broadcast.

My dad had both a set of studded tires and chains.
He was in the airforce working at the Pentagon and had to go into work. I remember the old Chevy Sedan with the studs on it and when we went to church before he switched the tires back.

Mailman, your cheating!

My view right now from Home office today. I want to remove some of those trees, put in lower bushes so I can see the creek and the empty lot behind us during the summer. Wife wants to keep the trees :(
IMG_8787.jpg

I wouldn’t want to get hit in the face with that tetherball right now lol
Wow tether ball that brings back memoirs. The grade school I went to was a 1/2 block away. In the school yard it had tether ball, a swing set with a slide and monkey bars. Must have been 10 feet tall or so it seemed. My first memoirs of it was my Mom taking me there to play. She brought wax paper for me to sit on going down the slide. After a few trips down it with the wax paper, man could you get some speed up!
At the other end of the school yard was this thing that was 8-10 feet tall with a round something on top that rotated with 8 chains hanging from it with handles on them. What you were supposed to do was hang on to the handles and everyone run in a circle . Then when up to speed jump in the air and fly for a few seconds. Now there was pea gravel under this thing and the swing set so you weren't playing on hard ground. Well kids being kids we found out if a small kid crossed his chain with a big kid behind him the big kid could throw him out farther. All well and good until the little kids could not hang on started landing past the pea gravel. Several broken arms and legs. That thing was removed. The pea gravel was removed from the swing set and replaced with sand. That lasted for many years but eventually it was all removed, Not sure if it was a few more broken bones or the expense of maintaining the sand. The tether ball was removed because of broken noses.
Looking back what does stick in my mind we had a lot of fun with that stuff. Yes there were some broken bones. Back then it was accepted that kids broke things from time to time. I do not ever remember the School being sued for anything. If you get hurt during PE, on the play ground or a school sport well you got hurt. The parents took care of it.

More rain. Rather warm, for rainy night, and day...vigorous breezes said to be on the way. Very jolly. Nice time to read history and watch old films...

13F when I woke up this morning, in Mississippi. I have not stepped outside the door in a week. The snow is still here. I have no indication of being mysteriously transported somewhere far to the North. Besides the extreme temperatures, all other indicators are still Mississippi.

13F when I woke up this morning, in Mississippi. I have not stepped outside the door in a week. The snow is still here. I have no indication of being mysteriously transported somewhere far to the North. Besides the extreme temperatures, all other indicators are still Mississippi.
How far south in Mississippi?

-3°f when I got up this morning. Currently +1° and on the way to a sweltering 11° high. Tomorrow's supposed to hit 33°.
It's been so long since we were above freezing that I really can't remember when it was.
Cabin fever is also worse than I recall ever having.... 'cept for that winter spent in Norway maybe....

1705769505933.png

Do you have Glycol in your car cooling system
Given this " Global Warming "
I don't know how cold it has to be before the catastrophe . If not there is perhaps an idea to drain out the water
Or pour in some glycol

I don't know how cold it has to be before the catastrophe . If not there is perhaps an idea to drain out the water
Or pour in some glycol
Yes I do. My car would not freeze in Sweden!

Or pour in some glycol
The US is dumbed down by product advertisers. Maybe 1/2 the population would wonder what gycol is. All we have is "Antifreeze"':umm:
1705780263120.png

Back