XS650 Craigslist postings depository

Interesting.... never knew they made 'em for our 650's. That'd be a rare find. :geek:

Untitled.png

I just saw this one near by...

This is a very nice and mostly original 1978 Yamaha XS400 D. The “D” model is fairly rare and has the cool cafe racer seat and tail and the more angular gas tank. The bike runs and rides great. The bike has very nice original paint and nice original exhaust pipes. All of the lights, controls, gauges, etc. work properly. The carburetors were recently cleaned and synchronized and the battery is only about a month old. Firm price, cash only, bike has clean title.
Marketplace - 1978 Yamaha XS400 | Facebook
263808388_460569315411881_3724212559344070745_n.jpg

The “D” model is fairly rare
Not sure I'd make that claim. As I recall they were fairly common. I've owned two of the little red buzz bombs. Oh, and the cafe red D's were 77's... not 78's
Guy's apparently not aware of what he has. :rolleyes:

If your daily commute was across town, they were the perfect little bike to get you there. Need to get on the interstate?.... nah... not so much then.

Seat's not original either. :p

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Guess I don't need to make up stuff.
https://stcloud.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1999-ducati-900ss-souped-up-944cc/7417226270.html
00S0S_iQPLCgGm0xCz_0CI0q7_1200x900.jpg

1999 DUCATI 900SS souped-up 944cc Street Racer -- $12,000 originally invested.
944cc Big Bore cylinders with high domed racing pistons.
Fuel injection with Power Commander tuned for very strong low-rpm power.
Fantastic mid-range power.
90 Horsepower at rear wheel on dyno.
389 pounds with quarter tank of gas.
Runs great on 91 octane non-ethanol.

Geared down for tremendous acceleration.
Reduced rake for quicker steering.
Absolutely magic in the curves.
Radial Brembo front master cylinder for tremendous braking.

Showa fully-adjustable forks, Penske Racing shock.
Crazy yellow paint job. Looks like a racer, but is 100% street-legal.
Recently serviced by local Ducati experts (independant motorcycle shop in central MN).

This little Italian beauty will beg you, "Ride me hard, Big Boy, ride me hard and fast."
And you can't help but say, "Oh Yeah".
And what a ride she'll give you.
The bike screams "YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE, YOU DIRTY COPPER"...
But if you have the cajones to ride this bike in the first place, you aren't worried about getting caught doing the "ton" on it.

I am a retail apparel store, so I can take a credit card.
I'd consider a motorcycle trade-in.
I'm not interested in trading for any other vehicle besides a motorcycle. I'd consider a vintage motorcycle or vintage motorcycle project. (But no guns, no snowmobiles, no four-wheelers, no boats, no cars, no golf clubs, no girlfriends, no wives, especially no wives)

Recent Service Performed by Zap Leather and Cycle/Zap Cycle in Paynesville MN:

(Oil changes always at 2,000 miles or less)

3,234 miles - Installed new 14T front sprocket

Back