XS650 Craigslist postings depository

Spring is almost here and I`m no expert on used and project XS650`s by any means but I wouldn`t be surprised if this isn`t the biggest year for cheap parts and project bikes ever. The $150 XS`s 4 years ago are now $500 but still looks like the midwest and plains states will have some real giveaways. I hope.:thumbsup::laugh:

Spring is almost here and I`m no expert on used and project XS650`s by any means but I wouldn`t be surprised if this isn`t the biggest year for cheap parts and project bikes ever. The $150 XS`s 4 years ago are now $500 but still looks like the midwest and plains states will have some real giveaways. I hope.:thumbsup::laugh:
Since all but one of my project bikes in the past 2 years has been from one guy clearing out his garage, Im curious if spring time is when more hit fakebook market place and Craigslisp?

I look several times a week but at this point, If I pick up another project, I'll need to get rid of a bike but know which one it would be (recently acquired 82 XJ650 is almost done to sell off).

1710454189301.png

Maybe it’s just disconnected and the brake rod it bent? Hard to tell with the blurry zoom.

I know this bike well.An elderly gentleman owned it.Had a fairing and bags. I passed on it 10-12 ago when he got too old to ride.The local dealer acquired it and stored it. The old gentleman was so proud of his wheels.😁
Mr GLJ s hometown ? Price looks high

I know this bike well.An elderly gentleman owned it.Had a fairing and bags. I passed on it 10-12 ago when he got too old to ride.The local dealer acquired it and stored it. The old gentleman was so proud of his wheels.😁
I went and looked at it. It's in good but not great shape. It does have the nice wheels. Started first kick and was hitting on both cylinders.
Cosmetically it's it's a survivor. With some TLC could make a very good daily rider. If you wanted to do a restore a big plus is it's all there. No parts missing.

I went and looked at it. It's in good but not great shape. It does have the nice wheels. Started first kick and was hitting on both cylinders.
Cosmetically it's it's a survivor. With some TLC could make a very good daily rider. If you wanted to do a restore a big plus is it's all there. No parts missing.
Glad John is looking for a new owner to do something with it.Ole “Don offered it to me very reasonable when he decided to sell it back then and was hoping new owner would preserve it with the wheels left on it. I couldn’t give him an honest yes I’d do that so had/have to pass on it,forever.They’d be off in 15minutes and given away or thrown in a pile!🤝😇

Back