XS650 Lamp!

Jayar

XS650 Member
Reaction score
A while back my wife suggested we make something out of all my old moto parts. Came up with this.

il_570xN.190496037.jpg

XS650 shock and brake rotor :D

She put it on her website (she's a jewelry designer) and we sold two of them! So clearly, I'm quitting my job and going into lamp production. Ha.

Here's the link.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/61108738/vintage-motorcycle-parts-lamp

There are other vendors on that site that have cool vintage moto leathers and memorabilia.

JR

Nice job i dig it ! Its things like this that get my creative juice's flowing and make me want to build things. Somebody owed me a $100 and gave me a nearly new lincoln sp125 plus mig welder last week :D. And the first thing i said to the wifey was oh boy hun we're gonna have metal sculptres all over the yard !! Not that i would. But i love what you did with that, and love recycled bike and car parts as functional/decorative things.Great for conversation!

Thanks! I was actually digging through parts tonight trying to figure out another one. First I'll repro the ones we sold so I can still have one in the house :) I have plenty of old rotors and shocks. Then I've got my eye on an old KZ sprocket for a base. Maybe open up one of these dead motors I have for a post... Possibly the stock camshaft from my turbo minivan. Haha. We'll see...

Back