yet another newbie to forum

emzdogz

Aunty Em
Reaction score
Hello, I found this forum through Facebook.

Some of you may know me from other sites on the web...

I hang a lot at the Sportster forum (www.xlforum.net) - lots of good folks there and some of them are even into XS's.

Also the XS650 "list" the Micapeak list. I've been on that a long time, off and on. Some of those guys have been very VERY helpful to me over the years. But they largely do not like choppers, sooooo I can't ask for input on this chopper project over there too much.:doh:

Have had this '80 project bike for years and years and finally decided it was now or never as far as getting it done. I'm getting kinda old and this is not a good hobby for old ladies. Oh, yeah, btw I'm a female.
I do like to wrench my own as much as possible and have done so on all the bikes I've owned so far.
But this is the first complete tear-down and build.

Had the frame hard-tailed and a couple of degrees of rake added.
But the rest is up to me and its going really really slow. But that's ok.
No time frame I have to stick to.
I have another bike, an 07 Sportster, for when I want to ride.

I just got the footpegs mounted in a mid position and am working on the rear brake, which is disc.
Trying to decide whether to try and use the original master cyl and reservoir or buy one of those custom app ones that MikesXS sells.

anyway, that's my story.....
:)
Aunty Em
Tampa FL

PS: if any of you all know me from another "place", holler at me - let me know who you are, please. thx!

hey thanks for the welcomes. The only pics I have handy at the moment would be links from another site, so I'm not sure that would be appropriate (allowed)...but I will start a folder in the pics section on this forum when I get home from work today.
:)
I'm happy this forum is here!

- i checked your folder out, you live in a warm place-:thumbsup:-good thinking, dog looks hardcase

The frame looks raked with the way the hardtail tilts the front section back... The frame hasn't been raked has it?

Em, you can post pictures from your album right to this thread if you want. :shrug: How to Post Pictures

slight rake to neck...my request was between 3 deg and 5 deg. Neck is raked. You can tell by distance from back of front wheel to frame front downtubes. Sometimes I wish the rake was a little less. But I like it.

Back