1980 Bobber Build on Mr. Lucky's Frame

I'm pretty sure I already posted this somewhere in the thread, but this is about as good as I have for now.

SDC12979.jpg

Kent

thanks i might have to pick your brain on the parts and where you got them and all. especially all the components that make up the brake pedal assembly and connecting rod???

thanks i might have to pick your brain on the parts and where you got them and all. especially all the components that make up the brake pedal assembly and connecting rod???

The pivot and the actuating rod are all stock parts. I simply took the plunger rod and bent a 90° into it to connect to the master cylinder.

Kent

Brought the frame over to my buddy's place so he could TIG a neck stop on and fuse the P-Nut tank bungs into the backbone. We're still messing with this other tank as well. I really like the look of the P-Nut, but 2 gallons is pretty small. I'm a little torn on this other tank yet, but it does seem to follow the lines. I'm hoping I can make a fairly unobtrusive method to mount either tank so I can switch back and forth. Here's a couple shots of that tank:

P1020282-1.jpg

P1020284-1.jpg

I'm hoping to have the bike torn down by the end of next weekend. Let the screw organizing begin! :yikes:

Kent

Schweeeeeeeet! about the caliper, is there a way to mount it in between the bottom rails and the seat rails? Similar to how a "sprotor" is set up?

lookin' good! did you run into any particular conundrums while doing this? or was it really straight-forward?
:)

Thanks, Em! The conundrums for me were what to paint and what to polish. :laugh: Other than that, it's a bunch of elbow grease in the cleaning and prep work. That PJ1 paint went on really well.

Kent

And pretty much put back together. I had been suspicious of my from cam chain guide, so I pulled the head cover to take a look. Shot my 120 lumen flashlight down in and both the front and rear cam guides look good. I'm hoping the crap I was seeing on the right side oil filter was just some remnant crap left in the engine. I also had a stud on one of the three hole valve covers strip. Never even felt it get tight, so I'm guessing it's a per-existing condition from the PO. I'm hoping I can use a Helicoil. I've never had to use one before as I can't even remember the last time I stripped a thread.

P1020349.jpg

P1020347.jpg

Kent

Now that's a good looking engine! :)
ps: I have a stripped hole on my front right valve covers. A 6mm screw (instead of a stud) will grab a couple threads. Doesn't leak....

Back