1980 Bobber Build on Mr. Lucky's Frame

I've ditched the Littelfuse fuse block for a PC-8 from Eastern Beaver. A bit smaller and offers switched and unswitched circuit options. We'll see how crammed things still get.

Kent

Made a little dent in the wiring today. Trying to do my best to think things through and route them properly. I mentioned that I'd be using the Eastern Beaver PC-8 fuse block. This little block is pretty slick and small. It offers 6 switched circuits and 2 unswitched circuits. I'll be using the switched circuits for:

Headlight
Horn
Coil/Pamco
Brake Light
Tail Light
Starter Solenoid

And I'll be using one of the unswitched circuits to run a USB port for the phone/speedometer/GPS. Even though it's "unswitched" I've added a switch to cut power from it when not in use. That way it doesn't drain the battery during longer periods of non-riding. Here's a shot of the PC-8:

P1020935.jpg

And here's a shot of the right/control side. From L-R Switch for "unswitched" circuits, keyed ignition, starter button, LED indicator for ignition ON.

P1020936.jpg

Hopefully more progress tonight once it starts cooling off.

Kent

The bugs were getting bad, so I quit for the night. I still need to connect the three wires from the PMA to the Reg/Rec and connect the positive and negative from the Reg/Rec to the battery. I also need to run one last wire from the battery positive to the starter relay. Hell, at least I can kick it! :lol: Even the USB port for the phone is working.

P1020940.jpg

P1020938.jpg

Kent

Keep up the good work! You're getting close now! Want to come wire up some bikes for me?

Progress looks fantastic man, I'm sure your wife can't wait to try this thing out!

One question, I looked through the thread but couldn't find the answer, what tank is it that you cut the middle out of? I definitely like the lines of it and have been wanting to use something different than my sporty tank on my chop.

Very nice, I was trying to come up with a simple and small way to mount mine but was leary about using the existing holes as you did. What the hell, Ill give it a shot! Keep the updates coming! :thumbsup:

Back