2018 Vintage Yamaha Rally

The Cherohala Skyway Monday morning.

resto on the Cherohala.jpg

Roads were damp, caution was used.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:

Seven XS650's are missing from this photo. Not shown are Steve Dunning's '83 cafe, Rod Bagley's TX, Al Cooper's XS-2 & '76, Loaded Land Shark's XS-2, Jim Smith's cafe, and the For Sale '75. So, I believe the XS650 count was sixteen!

thats excellent Marty thanks for posting. I think it would be a great idea to have a new photo ID thread so we all know who we are talking to. When I can put a face to a forum member ID it makes conversations so much more personal . I'm going to put build a montage of members photos and IDs to keep on my desktop for easy reference

Great series of photos everyone and gary ....how in gods name can anyone ride 500 miles on an XS in a day ? I'd think twice about doing it in a car these days. That has got to be worth some kind of accolade well done

Woosh I was pretty crispy last night! Two long days of riding can do that to me! A great rally I'd do that again. Was super meeting so many forum members and many others. I'll apologize it is a bit overwhelming with so many new guys, faces, bikes, I didn't mean to slight anyone! and Lakeview I'll try to be more polite next year. :wink2:.
Iron Horse is a big place I'm guessing there were 150 riders there over the weekend. about half with the rally?
The brand and model banter was all good natured, I didn't hear any harsh words the entire weekend and that's a credit to the motorcycle brother (and sister) hood! Well the guy there ONLY to sell a ratty looking 75 for big bux took a bit of abuse behind his back LOL.

Nice photos !
I agree with Peanut that a roster of pics and names attached would be helpful for the future.
Bob's "Hair/No Hair" thread is also a good resource.

I hope to make it to the Vintage Rally someday; medical problems got in the way this year.

There is a thread already where members post selfies......... i didn't bookmark it........

Back