An Xs like you've never seen before.

Reaction score
I sent over some basic pictures to Pipeburn and they were all about it. I would like to thank Scott for doing the writeup. http://www.pipeburn.com/home/2012/2/21/1976-yamaha-xs360-bombshell-customs.html
Here are a few photos of a recent photoshoot of a bike I recently built. Its a 1976 Xs 360. Everything including fabrication, paint, upholstery, wiring, and anything else you can think of was done by only myself in my shop. I worked in a professional custom bike shop a couple years ago and have been building hot rods and other cars for years. But this is my first full bike build. I am 26 and I think I found a new passion for creating bikes. After I finished the bike and showed a few friends, I got more positive feedback than I really thought I would get. So I sent it some basic shots of the bike and a quick story to The Horse magazine and ended up doing a full featured write up of the bike. That will be coming out next month (March). Hope you like it and let me know if you have any questions about it. ALSO- I am going to be selling this bike. Im not sure on my starting price yet. You can see some of my other work at facebook.com/bombshellcustomcycles Thanks-
Mike...
IMG_0257.jpg

The bike the day I got it...

IMG_4345-Editwater.jpg

IMG_4348.jpg

IMG_4372.jpg

IMG_4381.jpg

IMG_4396.jpg

IMG_4522.jpg

IMG_4523.jpg

IMG_4543.jpg

IMG_4638.jpg

IMG_4649.jpg

If you want to see more pictures including some of build pictures, check out my photobucket link.
http://photobucket.com/bombshellXS

Attachments

• IMG_0350.jpg
    IMG_0350.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_0311.JPG
    IMG_0311.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0320.JPG
    IMG_0320.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Actually, I registered because I want to get into the bikes that people can afford and I want to support a company Im trying to start. Im showing the bike as a service I have to offer and personal taste I put into my work and products. I didnt sign up to sell the bike. I want to see what people think about a piece of "art" that I made and get some feedback.

Not my cuo-o-tea, that being said you put a LOT of custom work into that and looks pretty sweet. How does she ride, mine is a hard tail but atleast I got springs under my seat.

Good luck in your endevor and finding people that want to part with their $$$, in my experience building roof racks for the VW World people LOVE your work UNTIL its time to fork over the $$$$.

Forgot to mention how it rides. Its not bad at all. With the way I made the seat, your ass contours with the back lip of the seat pan. Its pretty well padded too. But with any rigid, you have to watch the bumps. Its a lightweight bike that likes to jump around a bit on the bigger bumps in the road but it handles great. Your center of gravity is low because of the bars, seat position, and foot mounts. Its a blast to ride and pretty comfy.

^There was a guy who worked hard for everything he has with his own two hands and he had a gun and he ended up shooting his daughter's laptop.

Def a bit of a jockey journal vibe going on in this thread....
I dig the scoot man.

To prevent flaming I'd post builder services in shops or classifieds or something.

bbilington, you're being a real ass

Perhaps. But really? Registering solely to show off a bike and promote a business, a bike that's not even an XS650 for that matter, no matter how cool/different/creative the bike may be, seems to be begging for it. Sorry that you seem to feel otherwise.

Does it really make a difference to you that the motor has 290 cc less than a 650? If it does, I will delete my post and close my account just to make you happy. Didnt know you were the president and top asshole of this site. And btw, if you were taking a huge leap in life like opening a public shop where you can come and get free advise, make friends, and get some basic or custom work done, wouldnt you want to promote it and show you abilities? Kinda makes sense. Like I said, Im 26 years old. At least Im trying to do something with my life.

With your last two posts you're getting started on the wrong foot. You're going to encounter a-holes, not saying he was, and in the business world you behave a certain way. You did say business... Now you've got people thinking that if you do work for them and they don't like it it will be their fault and you'll be hell to deal with. Not cool.

Nice bike not a hardtail fan three weeks time. Did you make the pipes hardtail frame paint ect. Very talented I would say. Welcome Plan to build a XS 650 in the future or do you just build for customers.

XJ
Ive been doing custom work for people since Ive been 16. Even right now as Im typing, Im doing a window regulator on a Jetta. Nothing special or fancy. Its just work. I have always guaranteed my work and people always leave with a smile on their face because the work is done right and is very inexpensive. I have worked at a custom bike shop dealing with $60k+ and dealt with much worse people than this. But one thing I have always remembered, is that the customer is always right.

Now you're back on track :) :) Edit the agressive or defensive posts to what they should say, now.

Back