DIY side cover knob fix - replacement

I missed this thread but had run across one where a member was making sets of retainers so I thought I’d give it a shot. I’m a total novice on a metal lathe so I figured I’d give it a try. It took me all afternoon but I made the basic shape. The stem needs to be cut and drilled and tomorrow I’m going to give the Mill a shot and cut the finger tabs. B38D6CB8-0202-479C-92AE-C1B891C12014.jpeg0C7B9421-629D-4FB6-B759-8E24621804F5.jpeg0BE4E822-F50C-4C77-A19F-08B78F29B396.jpeg6C2C2877-3F89-42B0-BA2F-F7CB336ED128.jpeg
If this doesn’t work I will be using the threaded thumbscrew solution.
As with anything I make I know I could do better after two or three tries but I wanted to try out the machines.