GS650 Part Numbers

bmx40@blueyonder.co.uk in UK said he has two piston kits. These look like TX750 part numbers. He said they are for the GS650.

rings1.jpg
pistons3.jpg
pistons2.jpg

Searching now is good. I wouldn't buy anything until you know what you need. No valve reliefs on those pistons.
As Jim said you might not need anything. If you do there could be better options.

Sounds like you will be taking it apart. Be interesting to see what's in there.

No valve reliefs on those pistons.
I think you're right Greg... the valve pockets are too small.
Granted, these are just tech drawings, but it don't look like the TX pistons will work...

tx750.png

xs2.png

Well they could be. Don't know for sure what this means. 48.95 HP is not more maybe less than a XS2 then. I checked my title, it doesn't have HP. Have to remember they only built them so 650s could race as 750s in the USA. Probably didn't care all that much on how they ran. Shame they didn't use them for a platform for a performance bike. Would love to see what's in there. How thin are the liners? Did they bore the cylinders for thicker liners. What rods are in it? Just how does it run compared to a normal XS2?. Reason I would of bought it is because of it's uniqueness. My X75 is one of 1200 or so, 1 of 200 Holy Molly. Wet dream material.
upload_2021-6-23_17-43-13.png

Well they could be. Don't know for sure what this means. 48.95 HP is not more maybe less than a XS2 then. I checked my title, it doesn't have HP. Have to remember they only built them so 650s could race as 750s in the USA. Probably didn't care all that much on how they ran. Shame they didn't use them for a platform for a performance bike. Would love to see what's in there. How thin are the liners? Did they bore the cylinders for thicker liners. What rods are in it? Just how does it run compared to a normal XS2?. Reason I would of bought it is because of it's uniqueness. My X75 is one of 1200 or so, 1 of 200 Holy Molly. Wet dream material.
View attachment 193790
I'm guessing that HP # is a licensing dodge for exports to certain countries, never seen it on a US title before.......:umm:
I always thought these were racing motors for the dealers to run on the track or sell to privateers. :shrug:

Posted the information i knew about this in the Wanted to buy thread. Also a link where a member who knows all about these,gave his email address for any inquiries............my information was dismissed..so if your interested go back and read

hey sorry to highjack this site but how and where do I post a short video of my old XS1 :umm:

I always thought these were racing motors for the dealers to run on the track or sell to privateers.
No from what I have read over the years about them they were just to satisfy the AMA rules. They did sell just racing engines to select privateers, I think getting one of those was like getting a XR-750 from Harley. You not only had to be good you needed to know someone.
A good friend of mine had a Harley dealership. I worked for him for a year. I can honestly say I helped un-crate a XR. He pulled a few strings, actually a lot of strings and got it for his salesman.

Video needs to be up loaded to YooToob or FacePlant then linked here with the film strip icon in the menu above your post.

never seen it on a US title before.
Title for my XS2 has it. Not filed in tho. Then it also shows the date I transferred it to me. New titles don't have that.
Like I said don't think it means much.

Whats real or not...........on this it shows the XS2 has needle roller bearings in the little end.............only on XS1's so what to believe
All true Doug. I put those pics up there to point out that XS650's have domed pistons with pretty good reliefs for the valves. The pic the OP put up of the TX750 pistons and the factory drawing show a much smaller dome, if any... and much smaller relief pockets. XS1 needle bearings aside, I think we all can agree that there's a difference in the top of the pistons.... no?

As i explained the relation with TX750 pistons and XS650 256 motors in the wanted to buy thread..........

As i explained the relation with TX750 pistons and XS650 256 motors in the wanted to buy thread..........
Not trying to be argumentative Doug, but I just reread that Wanted thread and didn't see any mention of TX750 pistons. Did you post it somewhere else perhaps?

Not trying to be argumentative Doug, but I just reread that Wanted thread and didn't see any mention of TX750 pistons. Did you post it somewhere else perhaps?

yes you are we all know your just itching for an argument..............joking............my bad i posted all i knew in this thread.
http://www.xs650.com/threads/1972-xs2-gauges-required.59663/

................Bloody old-timers, well that's my excuse anyway

Back