Is it my turn? Anything to do with lathes, mills and other shop tools

Cold outside last days -5 C 23 F
Been servicing 3 air Impact wrenches and are now at 2 Metal Shear machines

Spare parts are expensive and machines also

The one I am thinking of looks like that But is much older and of another brand
No, longer in Business FESTO

So I have tried to make new shears -->I think I got a solution for now
I would be surprised if the Machine manufacturer don't buy these at some tool supplier and Manufacturer

I Would be helped if anyone knows about this and if the cutting parts Looks as Regular Lathe or so Tools Please tell
And a link to an online catalogue or so for looking at The hole size and dimensions Would help

1701690920806.png

1701690824455.png

Also serviced one Milwaukee 6850-4

In pretty much the same Condition as the picture Maybe need new shears So if anyone knows where cheap for that is Available please tell
Stock is available at ca $ 50 --- to much

1701691487544.png

Was gonna buy these, but I was cleaning up the disaster that's my basement right now, and ran across some 6061-T6 1-1/2" solid round. Stainless would'a been nicer... but no money spent is pretty nice... Right?

It's 35° with rain and sleet out there. What else am I gonna do?

View attachment 256503

View attachment 256504
that's one skill I never learned how to do, I'm still dreaming of taking classes one day and find a decent old lathe for my garage - reality is that it's probably not happen :-( nice work I'm envy !

Thanks! I've never learned either. ;) I keep pluggin' away at it though.
My Atlas is over 70yrs old. I paid a hundred bucks for it iirc and picked it up in several cardboard boxes. Took a while to put it together.... just like our bikes, there's pretty good online support for 'em.

Picked up a used Atlas a couple years back for $350. Fairly well tooled but needed some work. Discovered the online forums which were helpful. Had a local electric motor shop sort out the rotted wiring, repaired the broken motor mount, found a replacement X axis crank through the forum and realized it was much too labor intense to actually be productive with and sold it to a local farmer for his barn shop for what I had in it and turned around and bought a used 12x36 Grizzly

Phil and I both have a lifelong dream of building a LSR bike. About a year ago someone from Oz or NZ posted some pics of the bike he built. Ever since, every time Phil and I get together, that's pretty much all we've talked about. Phil has already started his and.... well, ya don' think I'm gonna let him have all the fun, do you? :whistle:

View attachment 256533
Hats off to you Jim! Love these significant projects. Have too many myself!
One's the pivot, the other's to lock it in place. Obviously I'm puttin' my own "spin" the the concept.

View attachment 256629
Do you have the Chop Source frame jig or are you building your own?

Thanks! I've never learned either. ;) I keep pluggin' away at it though.
My Atlas is over 70yrs old. I paid a hundred bucks for it iirc and picked it up in several cardboard boxes. Took a while to put it together.... just like our bikes, there's pretty good online support for 'em.
Same as my Logan 820. A mid-40's machine, I believe. Tons of support for it. Owned it for several years before restoring it, as a real need (for a small business) drove the restoration.

Its hard to tell from the first photo, but the square portion (at the head) was turned down to an interference fit.

I couldn't find stainless metric cartridge bolts locally, so opted for commonly available 5/16" units.

Once aligned, I tapped them home with a dead blow hammer and used a bit of blue loctite and regular nuts. The bolts didn't move at all when they were nipped up.

I suspect the the spring assembly internal to the foot peg also provides a significant amount of friction to prevent any spinning.

Back