January in Austin, Texas

the_nutt

Have Fun
Reaction score
It was really nice here on Saturday, and I've been wanting to shoot rolling photos for a long time, so I finally rigged my camera up to my bike and went on a cruise with the boys. I thought some of you trapped in the polar vortex could use some sunny inspiration, and I also just really like how these came out. I attached a photo of the basic setup also.

Attachments

• cn1.jpg
    cn1.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 207
  • cn2.jpg
    cn2.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 205
  • cn3.jpg
    cn3.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 195
  • cam-setup.jpg
    cam-setup.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 221
Cool shots, neat set up!

A tip of a frosty one to you.

EVERYTHING is frosty here.

Very Nice!

Any more pics of that setup??! That is sweet!

That is the only photo I have of the setup from that day. The guy on the navy Harley took it, I was distracted trying to make sure I didn't scatter thousands of dollars of equipment all over the road, haha. I'll be doing the same thing soon, and will return with more detailed photos.

Cool! Looks like you've got it aimed rearward? Can you also do motion video?

Yeah, I tried turning it forward at the end of the day, but I was worried about debris damaging the lens element. They're not exactly made to be put face first into 70mph winds. I have a DSLR that shoots video, but since the arm is solid mounted and the bike/road vibrates so much, I don't think any usable video would come from this setup without additional dampening (I just need to figure out how to hang a Glidecam from my bike).

Back