need this? is it a guard?

angus67

Welder's penetrate deeper!!
Reaction score
brushes-vi.jpg

I was checking my brushes, and when I took them out, one fell apart, so I re-soldered it, removed the brush hoder to make things easier(first time). got it back together, and now the thing that goes between the rotor nut, and the brush holder wont go on. its like the holder is in the way, but I don't see how. if I turn the holder around, it does the same thing. do I need it?
While I had the brushes out, I checked the rotor OHMs and got 5.2. I zero'd my meter.
is OK? This rotor was bought about the time that MIke's xs had a bad batch. (so I've Heard). WHen I rev the bike, the volts never jump past 12.8-+. Ive never riden this bike, never had a load on it, never droped the rotor. Ive started it numerous times, putting a trickle charger(HF) on the battery each time. the batery has never gotten below 12.4-+. The battery I have is a 12v, 7aH for a gate opener. half the hieght of the stock battery. Ideas?

so... do I need that peice? is it just something that keeps a gorilla with a crescent wrench from bustin the hell outta the brushes?

Last edited:
i don't see a need for that piece other than when you're turning the motor with a wrench. it's not like the nut is gonna hit it when you're riding..

but when i turn my motor i always turn until i hit that, so be careful

i always use a socket. more surface area grabbing the nut.
Oh nut, how I love to grab thee

Back