New toy - 2004 Buell XB12R Firebolt

Lol the first time I rode a buell was the xb12s and the moment I got on it my friend warned me to ease the throttle and I figured that out pretty quickly; because that front end picked up in a split second. Yeah what's crazy about that big honking frame is that it's all aluminum and it holds the gas tank and the swingarm the oil tank so that helps keep the weight low. It also allows for a lower center of gravity on the bike.

Posted via Mobile

Congrats on your purchase, brother. Focus on performance improvements and ride the hell out of it.

I've never ridden a bike with a perimeter brake... Can you tell the difference over the brakes on say an R1 or GSXR 1000?

I'd rip that motor out and put it in a hard tail roller. Either a flyrite or Sucker Punch Sally and go with that.

Rippin motors out to put in ill handling chops, is for wrecked bikes that stull run.
Ride the stink! out of that thing. These things were made to handle, and handle well. I would have one if I could have found one in my broke-ass price range.

If your not into rockets and street fighters that's about all that bike is good for...components for what you will ride. Also a well designed/made chop isn't exactly ill handling.

THanks. I'm also saying that its a good deal on the components to build a killer bike.

If your into V-twins you have a lot of options.

Personally never liked the riding positions on sport bikes. I'm a cruiser/chopper guy. :)

buell.jpg

This is what I'd do...

-=PO

Jimmy,
Old choppers and other custom builds don't increase their value nearly so quickly as stock bikes. Look at the prices for any brand of motorcycle that has been out of business for 20 years and you'll see the remaining stock bikes are worth big bucks while the customs are worth far less.

Want a custom bike? Build it. I do. Want a bike that goes up in value? Keep it stock. I do that too. There are plenty of bent, broken and basket cases to build-up any way you want them. Pure stockers get harder to find with each year a model is no longer built.

As for the chrome-- it can always be easily removed to suit the purist. Cut frames and parts removed and long since tossed aside are harder to find.

Dont plan on chopping it and I'm not much for chrome either. Also I'm not really concerned about the valuation of the bike in 10 years. No sweat though I'll figure something out. I'm in no rush though

Posted via Mobile

Last edited:
Back