On to the new XS Rat rod racer....

Rock-A-Billy ChopperS

Rock-A-Billy ChopperS
Reaction score
Ok I had to sell my old bike due to me going to Ak for a bit. Now that I'm back I can start to work on this. Here are a few starter pics. Its a 79 motor and a 80' frame and I'm going to run the Rock-A-Billy Hardtail on this along with the Rock-A-Billy Drag bars. In this thread you will see a lot of our new products so keep an eye out for them :wink2:.... It has a mustang tank with some coper rod welded to it in the shape of a spider web and the tank has been painted and sanded to give it that rustic look. I also painted the 13 on the side to give it that racer look. I took 3'' out of the back bone to rake it out and it will be raked out a lot. In WA the raked out look for some reason is the way to go so I'm going with that the next one will be a bobber. Im running a 18'' rear spoke rim and a 19'' front spoke rim. The motor will be black with polished fins and side cases... Yes that is a panda cut into the cases lol :doh: The look im going for is a longer stretched out racer look. I want it to be a nicer frame, rims, bars and what not but I want the tank, rear fender, and head light to look like its 50 years old :shrug: I have a vision and I think it will turn out pretty cool. Anyways keep checkin every once in a great while for updates and to see our new products. Also the seat on this bike is F***ING bad ass and they sell in my shop for $150 and normally its a $250 seat but I want them out there cuse they look so bad ass!!!!:bike:
PhonePics07-10696.jpg

The rake
PhonePics07-10698.jpg

old head light with the spedo in it :laugh:
PhonePics07-10699.jpg

another view of it
PhonePics07-10717.jpg

The tank
PhonePics07-10718.jpg

PhonePics07-10719.jpg

PhonePics07-10722.jpg

the side cover
PhonePics07-10720.jpg

And now the SEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yikes:
rockabillya2.jpg

rockabillya3.jpg

rockabillya4.jpg

rockabillyb3.jpg

Thanks for takin the time to check out my thread :bike: if you guys would like a seat it is Shipped to your door for $150..

:wtf: Seems to be a blurr between this thread being a build or a self promotion of Rock-A-Billy Choppers

(I'm going to run the Rock-A-Billy Hardtail on this along with the Rock-A-Billy Drag bars. Anyways keep checkin every once in a great while for updates and to see our new products. Also the seat on this bike is F***ING bad ass and they sell in my shop for $150 and normally its a $250 seat
Thanks for takin the time to check out my thread if you guys would like a seat it is Shipped to your door for $150.. )

looks like a biuld to me, and a promising one!! nice tank. does look old timey.
If the panda wasnt blazin' pistols, then we'd have a problem. I say the panda stays!!

looking good brother, i dig the seat, hadnt seen that yet.

650skull, does it matter that he is pluggin his company? i mean its all about getting your name out there, and if he is helpin people out and hookin them up with what they need at a good price then i say we can always use more people like that. plus how do you run a business and not plug it at least a little. not trying to start shit (especially since you help me out a bunch, thanks by the way! :) ) just saying

Just my take on what i see. Yea a good thread on a build but i am not interested in reading about half of the write up and pics used as a for sale thread. Has every right to plug his wares but posting costs and deals to his products should be left in the Classified section. Any ways it is up to Travis not me :shrug:

- dont always see eye to eye with skull but i do find aspects of this rather commercially in ya face :shrug:

Look guys im not trying to make this a huge commercial ordeal, like I said before I would and have in my other post give the product the respect and make it known what im using. In this case we are finally getting most of our own product so im going to use most of it on this bike and yes I''ll be posting pics and I'am a little excited to get stuff out on th market. I'm not here to strictly make a sale I'm posting my build on here but if you guys and travis find it to be an issue well I'll take it down it wont hurt my feelings just wanted to share my build. Srry to put such a huge burden on you Skull didnt see this being a problem LMAO :banghead:

Just my take on what i see. Yea a good thread on a build but i am not interested in reading about half of the write up and pics used as a for sale thread. Has every right to plug his wares but posting costs and deals to his products should be left in the Classified section. Any ways it is up to Travis not me :shrug:

you can read my post again....................No burden, if i wanted to know how much you charge for your hard tails, seats etc i would look in the Classified where they belong

Is it common procedure in your shop not to brace or weld the frame to a jig table before cutting it apart?
What degree rake is the neck set at? What will the calculated trail end up being with the front end your using? Is your front end stock length or over sized?
Very interested in seeing what the final product looks like. Any links to pictures o your previous projects?

hey, there is nothing wrong with a Rusty anything ;) and there is an aweful lot of hatin going on in this thread. i think just about everything has been done by now. anything that is truely original is probably gonna be stupid and unfunctional. crazy...

Rusty

IMHO I think the tank looks freaking awesome, along with the headlight, and the Panda.
I want a Panda on my bike. :) You should call the bike the Killer Panda.
How did you cut the Panda in? And how did you do the tank?
Keep the updates coming, even if they include a little commercial interruption. ;)

Is there enough room for me to step in this mud hole too? Looks to me like our fellow entrepreneur friend may have gotten caught up in the enthusiasm for his build. I can understand.

A garage builder such as many of us are, does not draw a sharp distinction between his projects and the spinoffs that he may offer as products for purchase by the rest of us. I guess I don't have a problem with that. We seemed to tolerate quite a bit of idol worship in the Hate The Fong Bros thread, so...

Lighten up amigos. Times are hard. If our brother can make cool stuff for us to apply in our gigs and as long as he primarily presents himself in the Vendors folder, a bit of self promotion may not hurt us.

Peace, love and understanding :)

I don't mind the self-promotion either. He's sharing his build with us, and just happens to be using parts he fabricated -- or had done for him. Yeah, we all need to lighten up a bit, methinks. Gone forever are the days of the 'net being a zone free from capitalism and entrepreneurship. If you're in business for yourself, then you know how tough things can get these days, and every little bit helps.

There is nothing wrong with making a buck. Only issue's that come to mind are safety and quality.
Take for instance the picture of the front of the tank were the hole in the back bone is also visable. There is a hole drilled through the back bone. That is going to break in half if the proper steps are not followed.
That may not be final product, so I cant jump on any hate train. I cringe at structual modifications not done properly. I have had two friends die on "pro" built chop jobs due to the lack of safety/quality. Its all easy to do if you have a sawzall and the Discovery channel.
Bottom line is. Just because you can make it happen, dosent mean its safe.

I dont see anybody angry.
I do see a lot of traditional hotrod and bike shows, weekly. There definately is a trend in building styles, he is behind the curve on this one. I really dont care what he builds, if he enjoys it, who gives a rats ass what anybody thinks, I was "just saying".
and if the forum allows him to advertise for free, then so be it.

Srry its been a bit.. As far as the holes in the back bone they where just drilled out and some tubing will fallow so it will be safe this is not my first rodeo :doh: I came from building Rock Crawlers and they stress under they stuff we put them through is unreal so I know all about structure and whats safe and whats not but thanks for the heads up :bike:... The mustang tank is a 3.3 I think. I can get you one for around $100 if you need.... Thanks to you who are supportive :thumbsup:

Back