parts bike wanted 1977 xs650D

Atkinson1892

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey! Ive been given a 1977 XS650D from my best friends parents he was killed a couple years ago so I am trying to get it finished but I am missing a bunch of parts and tons of bolts so i figured it just be best to buy a parts bike so if anyone has one or knows where to find one I would greatly appreciate it thank you

Posted via Mobile

You needn't limit yourself to just '77. Anything from about a '74 on up should provide you with most of the parts you need. Forks and front brake will be different up to '76. Ignition and charging system will differ from '80 up.

Its missing little things like front motor mount, rubber gromet on gas tank and a bunch of nuts and bolts. Carbs are good lights are good forks are good all the chrome is there

Posted via Mobile

I see bolt lots from people parting bikes on Ebay all the time.

I've stripped down a 77 650 and a 78 SR500 recently; let me know what fasteners you're looking for.

Okay Sunday I will post everything its missing thank you guys alot

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• IMG_20130119_165412.jpg
    IMG_20130119_165412.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_20130119_165350.jpg
    IMG_20130119_165350.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 235
A project for sure but a great platform to work with
A parts bike would be invaluable for you. I'd be looking for a cheap non titled from '76 to '83, Standard or Special for a couple or few hundred bucks. Kinda hard to tell by the pics but it looks like you have bs34 carbs on her now....tin tops. Engine side cover, tires and rims, air box covers, miscellaneous odds and ends could total up quick. Don't do anything untill you have a title on that one.......

I have the title and last registration and receipts when it was first bought and from the pic it looks like im missing slot but I have the parts off to clean them just missing odds and ends

Posted via Mobile

Was just curious if anyone could tell me if my 1977 xs650 could have came stock with rear disk brakes. I went to 4 Yamaha dealers and they all told me that bike didn't come with disks in the rear but my bike has them on it now and I just need a rebuild kit. And it has aluminum rims if that helps. Thank you for helping me in anyway :banghead:

Posted via Mobile

Back