Project XS2

Congratulations! It fired right off! Great work!
IMG_8982.jpeg

Lady I bought the bike from messaged me the other day and said she forgot to give me the keys. There was one in the ignition so I didn’t ask but She told me she would drop them in the mail. These came today. I didn’t know the neck lock was a separate key. image.jpg

Went to put the Airboxes on and WTF? No room!. Seems my great idea of a bigger battery worked wonderfully for the electrical but it gets in the way of the Airboxes. Guess I’ll use this battery on the other build and see what’s available in a fun size battery.

Went to put the Airboxes on and WTF? No room!. Seems my great idea of a bigger battery worked wonderfully for the electrical but it gets in the way of the Airboxes. Guess I’ll use this battery on the other build and see what’s available in a fun size battery.
Are you using the stock battery box?

In order to install the air boxes the battery has to be removed but not the battery box. After the air boxes are installed then the battery can go in.
If your battery fits in the battery box it's not to big.

The battery I’m using is 3.5” wide and stock is just over 3”. New battery is like a fat guy in a little suit. Lol

The battery in my XS2 is very close to 3 1/2 inches wide.
You will find it is not a lot of fun to install the air boxes.
With practice it doesn't get much easier.
It can be done.

You were right about removing the battery. Brought things down from a 9 to a 4 on the PITA scale. One thing I did to forego a little aggravation was to put a drop of superglue on the back of the battery terminal nut and glue a piece of earplug to it. Sure makes it easier to start the bolt when that nuts not moving around and falling out on you.IMG_6511.jpeg

You were right about removing the battery. Brought things down from a 9 to a 4 on the PITA scale. One thing I did to forego a little aggravation was to put a drop of superglue on the back of the battery terminal nut and glue a piece of earplug to it. Sure makes it easier to start the bolt when that nuts not moving around and falling out on you.View attachment 249241
Here's a little trick complements of Revzilla.
Take a piece of fuel line and use that to hold the nut in place. In this instance I didn't have any fuel line thin enough so I split a piece down the middle. Works a treat.

1692200044008.png

She’s all back together with the exception of the tank. I’m going to let it soak a few more days to see if that leak will open back up but even if it doesn’t that tank needs to be lined just to be safe. Again I’ll say Caswell seems to be missing from everyone’s shelf. I have to think about this one and keep looking at the Fertan reviews. I also need to clean the front MC and caliper.

She’s all back together with the exception of the tank. I’m going to let it soak a few more days to see if that leak will open back up but even if it doesn’t that tank needs to be lined just to be safe. Again I’ll say Caswell seems to be missing from everyone’s shelf. I have to think about this one and keep looking at the Fertan reviews. I also need to clean the front MC and caliper.
I read somewhere recently that there is a world wide epoxy resin shortage right now, thus the Caswell non-availability I would imagine.

Edit: I just remembered where I read it....it was on my Bigfoot camper brand group page. There is a guy that repairing a pretty heavily damaged truck camper and he's having a heck of a time getting resin and the prices of said resins are supposed to be skyrocketing as well (go figure).

I really think I’m overthinking this tank liner. The ones that failed didn’t dissolve, they flaked off. I think Mailman’s was a combination of factors to make the perfect storm. This is giving me a headache lol

Bob I’m looking at tapered neck bearings for the XS2 do you remember if they fit 70-76? Descriptions aren’t the best.

Back