TCI Replacement 2020 It Works

Great work, that Chrysler pick up looks to be an easy fit compared to the modifications needed to the Kawasaki one I have been using. The price compared is comparable too, the freight might kill it though.

Take a look at early 1980's Valiant Charger hemi 6 or 340 engines. They may of used this pickup.

1650497098165.png

Cam mounted reluctor for the Gonzo Box. For use with PMA etc.

This is version 2. Version 3 in the works.

Cam mounted is hard without the electronics just magnets and coil. Smaller orbit and 1.2 crank speed = 6x decrease in magnet speed past the pickups.

1982 XS650 Heritage Special with no spark
One day bike one running the next day it wasn’t, I followed a ton of troubleshooting on the battery, checking plugs/connectors, the ignition coil, the pickup coil and finally narrowed down to it likely being the TCI. I got it open and everything looked okay but still no spark.

Full detail here on my post

I ordered the gonzo, plugged in and started right up. Yet to take it out for a ride but thus far everything seems to work. Would highly recommend to anyone. Thank you all who did the research and saved me a fat chunk of change!

Bike seems to idle fine and rev smoothly when the throttle is rolled on.

The only issue I have noticed is if I crack the throttle quickly it has a little hesitation. Wondering if this is a timing issue or a carb issue
MY bike was borderline lean. When I put the gonzo in it, that pushed it over the edge. Wound up going up one size on the pilots.... for the reason you stated, a slight hesitation.

MY bike was borderline lean. When I put the gonzo in it, that pushed it over the edge. Wound up going up one size on the pilots.... for the reason you stated, a slight hesitation.
Ahh that makes sense. Yeah I’m running stock jets, and 3.5 turn out on the fuel mixture and still a little too lean for my liking.

Thanks for the info!

Ahh that makes sense. Yeah I’m running stock jets, and 3.5 turn out on the fuel mixture and still a little too lean for my liking.

Thanks for the info!
Do yourself a favor and get genuine Mikuni pilots. Niche Cycle sells Mikuni brass. They also sell the Chinese ones to.... make sure you're on the genuine page when you order.

Back