TCI Replacement 2020 It Works

Team Junk

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just looked closer now that I'm awake . The connector to the wiring loom is all wrong. It appears you have the Gonzo ground connected to the black/white pickup centertap.

Need better pictures of both sides of the Gonzo pigtail /oem connection to tell for sure.

nikiforova

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Just looked closer now that I'm awake . The connector to the wiring loom is all wrong. It appears you have the Gonzo ground connected to the black/white pickup centertap.

Need better pictures of both sides of the Gonzo pigtail /oem connection to tell for sure.
Yeah I was informed of this and rewired it as such. Still I’m having. I luck. I’ve removed the side stand kill switch from the relay and connector, tested voltage on the coil and going to the gn250. It initially was giving me 12 volts, but now I’m significantly losing voltage going to it. I’m trying to track down where I am. It seems the connection from my harness to the one I got from Jim is a spot where I’m losing about 2 volts. With my battery charged to 12.5 the voltage at the end of my bikes harness reads out 10.9, then 8.4 when plugged into the gn250. Trying to track that down

Attachments

• CF516FFA-451D-44D7-8A36-41B80F0893D6.jpeg
    CF516FFA-451D-44D7-8A36-41B80F0893D6.jpeg
    234.3 KB · Views: 7

jpdevol

XS650 Junkie
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score

Team Junk

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
It should be oem black to gonzo pigtail black
black and white to one of the pickup inputs
red/white to red
orange to orange

nikiforova

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Just posting an update to try and get some more eyes on it. The gn250 is now wired like this (video). So far I have replaced the coil with an MP08 that is healthy, put in new spark plugs, changed the wires, disconnected the side stand safety switch from the relay and the connector, ohmed the pickup coils, and disconnected the regulator. All of these have not changed the outcome. Currently this is the problem I face
-when the bike is on and the TCI harness connected to the gonzo, the voltages are as follows
-r/w 10.5
-orange 1.5-1.6
-pickups (w/r, b/w) 1
As soon as the harness is plugged in, I experience a 2 volt drop to the aforementioned number. I am going to replace my battery today, however, I was wondering if someone who has experience with these units can check my wiring for accuracy. Also how likely is it that I damaged the GN250 unit with my improper wiring?

GN250 6 pin adapter wiring, no spark