Whats your weather right now?

The storm has past Cardiff. It was quite uneventful from my position in the shadow of a small hill. Just a few very strong gusts and the occasional heavy downpour. There is a tree over in the street behind me but I see no damage to property.

Damage reports are coming in now and there have been a couple of deaths unfortunately.

Last edited:
Yesterday it was about +10 with light snow and wind gust up to 50 mph
Today it's 40 and sunny
the weather forecasters are talking Monday 1-3" Tue 3-6" with temps in the teens or colder
Oh and they say the winds are going to get gusty again
It's hard to see from the pictures but on the way to this bar and grill there were times on the road where it was white out for a minute or two at times
What a guy will do just to chew on some good chicken and BS with friends

Attachments

• IMG_20220218_121115799_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220218_121115799_HDR.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20220218_121126140_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220218_121126140_HDR.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 55
Monday evening was warmer, above 32. We got a 3-5mm of rain which froze on driveways to provide a solid base for 7-10mm of wet snow (as the temp dipped into the high 20s) in the late morning. Then temps dipped into the low teens to solidify the mixture on my driveway. It will take an airhammer to make my driveway safe.

As I sit here, 9:40 Thursday morning, it's just done this:

PICT2814.JPG

Maybe 1/2" of snow so far? The sky is clearing and I don't know if we'll have lots more snow or none.

Bloody sure I won't be out on two wheels today. And our Cooncil will be out spreading salt again.

Not long ago they were talking about water restrictions. It finally stopped raining today after pouring down since last Wednesday and many areas are flooded, homes under water, no electricity, no public transport and everyone except essential workers told to stay off the roads as quite a few vehicles have been washed away. Just another extreme weather event that seems to be the norm these days.

. . . Just another extreme weather event that seems to be the norm these days.
Completely agree. Last week, there were houses in Shropshire being flooded by the River Severn at Iron Bridge. They dragged a guy from the water authority on Radio 4 to ask him about it and yet again an expert told us This is a once in 100 years weather event.

Nice sunny day yesterday. I took the Bandit 1200 out for an early morning shakedown (XS Welsh Tracker in bits again).
Then went to the pub for beers and 'MAN chat'; mostly about the Ukraine invasion (A few sentences about Welsh rugby!).
Today its Grey and cold again; but I'm in work so who cares!

Back