Whats your weather right now?

View out my front door at 5:15 this morning. Local station says currently dropping at 3" per hour. Looks like about 3-4" already on the ground.
Up at O-dark thirty to go pick up stepson and deposit him at the hospital for a scheduled surgery.
Was pretty dicey.... nothing plowed until I was on the way home.
Oh... and the drivers windshield wiper shit the bed on the way home. :banghead:

Forgot to add... both vehicles have been cleaned off.... twice when this pic was shot.

1645104072253.png

We've been north of the storm track for the last two months. Had the temp swings like the rest of you but the precip has mainly missed us this winter. Some early snows have kept the ground covered, the frost is shallow. Good news for spring allowing what moisture we have received to soak in. With a month and half of winter to go I'm not declaring victory (yet) and we need the moisture.

Last edited:
The UK has another storm on the way - Storm Eunice. A "RED" warning has been issued by the Met Office for South Wales and Southern England ( Bristol down through Cornwall).
Eunice.jpg

The above map is 3 hours old and perhaps Cardiff at the top right in the Red Zone will escape a little. Batten down the hatches Adam and Raymond watch out for the blizzard conditions it may give you tonight and tomorrow. The winds in Cardiff are expected to peak at about 10.00am tomorrow. Must go check the petrol situation for my generator just in case we lose power tomorrow. The big concern is the storm will give 60 - 80 mph winds over a large inland area which extends over all of Wales and the Southern part of England. Scotland will get the white fluffy stuff and probably lose electricity again for a week or so.

...'nuther trip to the hospital, deposited stepson safely back 'ome, picked up (and installed) some new wipers....:cussing: ... and safely back 'ome.
Roads are nothin' but idjuts and wrecks 'cause... you know... we've never seen snow in Kansas City before... :er:
Must be 6-8" out there.

1645116163035.png

Last edited:
Same pic, different day.:shrug: Yesterday the forecast high was 71 degrees. It made to 68. This morning 19 and snow.:bs: I`m on the western edge of this storm and it`s quit snowing now. Jim`s 60 miles to the east and right in the middle of it all. Well anyway here`s my usual snow pic. Just doesn`t look right without my El Camino under the carport though.:thumbsdown:
DSCN0692.JPG

Holy shit! It’s almost like Ohio might be the new Florida. Wish there was a “dislike” button for all that snow. All the snow has melted and we’re back to freezing though here in new Florida.

The whole of South Wales is about to be hit by huge gales and rain. Storm Eunis is arriving. The area is on Red Alert status, the first time since the storm of the 1980’s. Winds with high spring tides mean flooding with over 100 rivers on red alert. It’s going to be an exciting night.

In Cardiff South Wales at this very moment the sky is blue with a few thin fluffy white clouds. The wind is a little gusty but nothing extreme. Storm Eunice is just approaching the coast now. The Red warning expires in 4 hours so maybe things will change dramatically in the next hour or so, probably not in my location near the hills...:umm:

Woke up to find a covering of snow. Not much, less than an inch and it's melting rapidly. Main problem for my morning walk was wet, muddy paths. There's a Neighbourhood Alert for much more snow after 3pm. Which, combined with the strong winds courtesy of storm Eunice when it arrives, will mean blizzards over higher ground. Paul, Adam, hope you are able to keep safe.

Dunc - aren't you lucky. Wish I was in Melbourne just now. I'd maybe head down to St Kilda for an ice cream?

High winds just started.
My garden fence is already smashed with 6'' X 6'' posts snapped!
Red alerts for wind and river flooding increasing.
Danger to Life warnings also; with no travel recommendations.
All trains are stopped too.

Back