Whats your weather right now?

All these were taken this morning before Sun-up.

Some neighbours' houses as I set out - no lights on, nobody out of bed yet:

PICT2859.JPG

First light, down by the river:

PICT2864.JPG

Saw two otters on the bank this morning - quite close and it's unusual to see them out of the water. I had a really good view but the camera would not have captured an image and the flash would have disturbed them so no photo.

A set of Community Justice steps in the woods - it's a scheme that lets people convicted of non-custodial crimes repay their debt to society through employment on small local projects:

PICT2866.JPG

Some general views as I exit the woods in the dawn light:

PICT2867.JPGPICT2868.JPGPICT2870.JPG

You can see how much the light has improved in that forty minutes or so.

Going for a brisk walk before breakfast seems to set the day up in a good way. Spotting wildlife - otters, deer, herons, etcetera - just a bonus. Pity I can't add a soundtrack of the birdsong.

While I can't match the beautiful photos of nature that Raymond provided, here is the scene out our back door after I ate an early breakfast on my way to my home office....for more work <dammit :confused:>.

Spring is just starting to stick its head cautiously over the horizon with some trees beginning to bud and the first few little flowers popping up on warmer days. It will be another 10 days or so before the nice weather really takes hold, but I suspect we are mostly done with snow (although there is a freezing rain warning for Windsor and Essex County early this AM and it is a chilly 0C or 32 deg. F but with the wind, it feels like 23 deg. F which is pretty raw for hereabouts).

This weekend, if nothing more happens along the line of winter, I will pop the heater on in the garage and swap the blade for the mower deck on the JD and then put the tractor back into the garden shed which will free-up the space I need for motorcycle workin' :). That will give me a chance to do the repairs on Betty too!

The security light is on, likely due to a squirrel or chipmunk running around, and past the pool you can see the garden shed and the pond where a muskrat has been swimming back and forth when the ice hasn't skimmed-over. Beyond that is our backyard and a small copse of trees, the other side of which is....nothing but walking trails, wineries and farmer's fields dotted with the occasional small town, most of the way to London (nearly 200 km away). Ahhhhh, country life....

Dawn - Rizzo Nicola Rd.jpg

Cheers all and have a good day!

Pete

Beautiful day here, 58F when I rode Deep Purple to work this morning. 77F on the trip back home. Only a couple of miles and in town but, still enjoyable.
Is your Sporty one of those with the dual plug heads? It looks awesome and I don't even like purple.

@Boog i hope you put your windscreen back on.
Today was so pretty that I may have committed a misdemeanor just by staying home. It was in the low 80's, sunny with breezy gusts of wind. Yep, should have been out riding! :bike:
'TT'

These pictures were taken at the same time of day as the ones put up yesterday. Just ¼” of snow has made the ambient light so different.

PICT2872.JPGPICT2873.JPGPICT2875.JPG

Those are WW2 nissen huts - there was a munitions factory near here and my speculation is those dispersed buildings might have been storage for bombs or grenades?

The back lane today:

PICT2880.JPG

Once the Sun gets outa bed, that will soon vanish. But unfortunately, the cooncil salt trucks have been out again last night.

Vast change from yesterday for sure; it is 60°F this morning o the ride to work. Just plain awesome!

@Tinker Taylor no windshield repair yet. I need to see if I can simply drill a new hole where the last one broke off at. Hopefully that will suffice. Then get new grommets. I suspect it will be next winter before I put it back on the bike. In the meantime, I may see if a smaller bug screen will fit just to ease some of the blast off my torso.

Back