Whats your weather right now?

These pictures were taken at the same time of day as the ones put up yesterday. Just ¼” of snow has made the ambient light so different.

View attachment 210832View attachment 210833View attachment 210834

Those are WW2 nissen huts - there was a munitions factory near here and my speculation is those dispersed buildings might have been storage for bombs or grenades?

The back lane today:

View attachment 210835

Once the Sun gets outa bed, that will soon vanish. But unfortunately, the cooncil salt trucks have been out again last night.

Very nice Raymond! Thanks for the photos. You like to walk in the pre sunrise hours eh? That’s a great way to start your day! :thumbsup:

Very nice Raymond! Thanks for the photos. You like to walk in the pre sunrise hours eh? That’s a great way to start your day! :thumbsup:
I go out early and that ends up being pre-sunrise at this time of year when the clocks have moved, also in the shortest days of December & January. But by June, the sun will be up hours before me.

A side benefit, gives best chance to see the otters. These shy creatures are crepuscular in their habits.

Weather right now is fine. Wednesday night, though?

High winds swept through the area throughout the night. Power went out around 2330, 0000. Awoke around 0200 (Thursday) to the sound of a neighbor firing a gun into the ground in order to alert as many people in the neighborhood as possible to the huge fire on the low ridge across from our house.

Fire was 100 to 125 yards away, we went ahead and got our stuff together in case we needed to evacuate. Fortunately, the wind died down around 0300/0330 and the fire was put down. We were back in bed around 0500.

Power stayed off until 1700 Thursday. Internet/cable was finally restored this evening (Friday) around 1600.

1648867166777.png

Well, it is April 3rd and things are usually starting to warm up a little here on Canada's sunny southern coast, but here is what I woke up to this morning.....

View attachment 211115
When I looked up where your new place is, I noted that it is at a more southern latitude than where I grew up in the State of New York. Shoveling snow is a very distant memory for me, last performed in 1977.

When I looked up where your new place is, I noted that it is at a more southern latitude than where I grew up in the State of New York. Shoveling snow is a very distant memory for me, last performed in 1977.

Yup - the 46th parallel is marked on Essex County Road 50 - about 10 km south of our home. We are the same latitude as northern California and Turin Italy, but it STILL is in Canada, so sh!tty weather is still a part of our "thang"! There are some really good wineries almost within sight our place and others dotted all around the County.

There's no doubt about it though, our antipodean comrades definitely got the better deal in terms of weather when they split up the British Empire.

...but of course, they got all the nasty spiders and snakes too. :yikes:

It is 37°F on my ride to work this morning with the new (tiny) bug-screen. I can tell there is a slight difference in the flow of air hitting my chest and helmet, not as much anyway. The air hitting me in the face is no longer forcing a neck workout at 75MPH.

It is 37°F on my ride to work this morning with the new (tiny) bug-screen. I can tell there is a slight difference in the flow of air hitting my chest and helmet, not as much anyway. The air hitting me in the face is no longer forcing a neck workout at 75MPH.

Oooohhhh...37 deg. F (just under 3C) at 75 MPH is pretty danged cold Boog. :yikes:

You must really love your work!

We are getting soaked here in East Tennessee right now. Should be like this all day, so indoors it is. Worse down in the Alabama and southern Georgia area. They have some tornado weather passing eastward, and Tezas has already been hit.
'TT'

Back