Whats your weather right now?

Not right now, but night before last we had a big time hailstorm roll through in the early morning hours. Woke me up with all the pounding on the roof. I got up and flipped the outside lights on to see golf ball sized hail bouncing off the driveway.
Went back to bed and listened to the thumping on my roof getting louder and more forceful by the minute. My wife thought we had some Clydesdales prancing around. And then it just stopped. Needless to say the insurance has been called and we'll be having a roofer looking at it.
I can just imagine the roofer that night laying in bed listening to the onslaught. No doubt the images in his brain were much different than those occupying mine.
CHA CHING
CHA CHING

Meanwhile in Wisconsin.
KIMG0843.JPG

Snowplows went by a couple times. That might be more about overtime than snow.
1:30 PM still snowing.

Don't you have some tires with 16 penny nails ...?
Seems like that should be standard equipment in the great white north.
Hi Bluz
49% of the GWN's riders stay indoors until Spring. T'other 49% swap to riding snowmobiles in winter.
The remaining 2% winter-ride their bikes on Trials tires with sheetmetal screws screwed into their treads.

Mostly cross country ski these daze. Try to avoid taking the bikes out til rain has washed the salt off the roads (again).
It was nice one New Years day, rode three bikes, then spent two days cleaning salt off, yuck.
Before I got so damned old I rode in/on snow/ice many times.
In about 1975 riding an XS1B back from spring break in Florida spent HOURS riding in snow squalls coming back up through Illinois. To this day probably the lowest my core temp has ever gotten.
That XS1B later that spring, just before I sold it.
71xs.jpg

I thought it would be warm enough today to go out for a quick spin, but temperatures dropped and we got rain and graupel (my new word for the day - lol). Temps will fall tonight close to freezing. Mid week it’s supposed to hit 60°F but accompanied by rain. I suppose realistically I shouldn’t look forward to a real ride until early May ☹️

. . . graupel (my new word for the day - lol) . . .
New word for me too. Fink I've seen that here on occasion? Sometimes showers here start with something more wintry, like hail or sleet, then it turns to just rain.

Our weather just lately has been fine, clear days, just the odd shower, but clear nights when the temperature falls to frost. And they salt the roads again. Doh!

we got rain and graupel (my new word for the day - lol).

New word for me too. Fink I've seen that here on occasion? Sometimes showers here start with something more wintry, like hail or sleet, then it turns to just rain.

Here in the desert, we don’t get a lot of winter weather. Once in a great while you can see the lightest of snow in the air, but it melts as soon as it touches the ground. These photos were from a few years ago, that’s not snow on the ground , it’s Graupel. It had the feel of slushy little ice pellets. All of this was completely melted an hour after it hit.
B1E3169E-3B81-40E4-9370-5928E49A4344.jpeg
6F16F940-45F6-4E45-8B34-77FE04D6F58D.jpeg

Here in the desert, we don’t get a lot of winter weather. Once in a great while you can see the lightest of snow in the air, but it melts as soon as it touches the ground. These photos were from a few years ago, that’s not snow on the ground , it’s Graupel. It had the feel of slushy little ice pellets. All of this was completely melted an hour after it hit. View attachment 211601View attachment 211602
That stuff makes for cold lizards, surely!
'TT'

Back