Whats your weather right now?

Been windy all night and the rain hammered down sure enough. But storm Agnes thankfully failed to live up to the warnings issued. Lots of leaves and small branches down, all that water has to go somewhere so the streams are up and the Tweed is very high. One tree down across the path on my walk but no serious damage. Haven't heard the news - might be worse impacts in other areas . . .

Monsoon, or Nonsoon as it was this year, is over officially Sat! 100* days might be over! Weatherguesser's saying 89* highs by Sunday/Monday along with upper 50*s lows! They also say windy this weekend too. Booo!

Rain, steady, fairly heavy, set in for rest of the day. Burns and River Tweed all very high this morning. Yellow weather warning has been issued - upwards of 70mm forecast with local flooding and some travel disruption. Police have suggested people avoid all unnecessary journeys. Mild for October though.

Don't expect to be out on 2 wheels today.

Cracking sunny day in South Wales UK today
I would go for a ride on The Brat (GS1200), but Wales are playing Georgia in the Rugby World Cup this afternoon.
So its stay at the store and watch it on the tellybox.

Big game tonight is Ireland V Scotland

3.PNG

Maybe a ride tomorrow.

Rainy, gloomy and crappy. Been this way pretty much all last week and expected to continue. No chance at all of seeing the eclipse…..

Cold here too. Last two days, out on W800, first signs of salt at two roundabouts. Which is odd as usually 'they' just blitz it with liberal drifts of salt everywhere. This appears to have been selective, light salting.

'They' might have added to that overnight though, there was grass frost on my walk this morning.

Last edited:
Yesterday, phone call from Elliot - could he borrow a couple of special tools? He's fettling a 1960 NSU Quickly at the moment. So we agreed to meet up in Wooler.

Very glad he called, had a lovely Autumn ride on the W800, seventy-something miles, clear skies, quiet country roads, just enough traffic to give some interest overtaking a few cars. Wore me thick winter jacket and gloves but still chilly mind.

The roads were mostly clean, dry, grippy surfaces, found meself thinking are the roads at their very best at this time of year?

But today, it's freezing. Cold morning. Hard frost. Gritters have been out again and this time they have slung out tons of salt.

Don't think I'll be out on 2 wheels much now.

Sunday was a cracking sunny day, if rather cold.
I had a great ride though the Wye Valley and onto the Malvern hills (Just Ride to follow). Possibly the last ride of the season.

Storm Babet arrives from the west tomorrow. High winds and rain to come.
When it goes, hopefully one last Autumn ride through the Wye. If the leaves stay on the trees and turn to gold it’s a glorious scene to behold.

This time, Scotland is being battered by Storm Babet. Where do they get these names?

Strong winds and heavy rain all day and not sure about tomorrow.

The weather further North is really bad with gale force winds and exceptional rain. Like a month's rain in one day yesterday and the same again expected for today. In the town of Crieff, the river Earn has overflowed and flooded about 400 houses. Travel disruption, fallen trees blocking roads, all trains cancelled.

Last edited:
This time, Scotland is being battered by Storm Babet. Where do they get these names?

The weather further North is really bad with gale force winds and exceptional rain. Like a month's rain in one day yesterday and the same again expected for today. In the town of Crieff, the river Earn has overflowed and flooded about 400 houses. Travel disruption, fallen trees blocking roads, all trains cancelled.
I believe the Belgians named this one!

Weather in South Wales is just very wet and rainy.

Sorry, brain fade. It's not Crieff that was flooded - should have said Brechin. No excuse, altogether different place. In fact Crieff is about 60 miles away from Brechin where floods are still happening.

Red warning - danger to life - still in effect for exceptionally heavy rain.

Back