Whats your weather right now?

Interesting choice of a rifle. Flint lock, It takes a true huntsman to be able to shoot and control one of those.
Well, it’s of the era, certainly , and I have hunted with flints , and yes , it’s a challenge:)

but this one is what is called a cartridge conversion

The British took an American design, the Snider system , and modified their pattern 53 enfield rifled muskets to single shot breech loader , firing a massive and slow .577 round

This rifle was used up here in Canada in the 1870s till about 1900

Most notably, the snider was used in large numbers in the US civil war

1699988360930.png

Getting ready to take Madness out right now. 59 breezy n sunshine!
Been cutting, splitting, and stacking firewood yesterday and this morning, time for some relaxation.
KIMG5156.JPGKIMG5158.JPGKIMG5160.JPG

Last edited:
20231120_095935.jpg
2C and Cloudy in SW Ontario
Off to the welder to have the side stand bracket welded on. I economized a bit by taking stuff off it that didn't need to be exposed to sparks.
Thanks for the part, Jetmechmarty!

Well, it's dark at 4:30 pm. In the afternoon. Wind is getting up so it's noisy outside. The weather people have been promising that much colder weather is on the way, and starting to feel cold already. Might even have ice and snow this weekend. We might just wrap up warm and stay in.

Talking with a neighbour yesterday about the weather - we do that a lot in Britain - she said it's gonna be cold and snowy over Christmas. Personally, I refuse to believe that you can forecast the weather beyond three to maybe five days ahead. It might turn out to be cold over Christmas but I'll still claim that's just a guess and guesses sometimes turn out correct. Heads or tails?

20231124_145343~2.jpg
20231124_145542~2.jpg
6C and Sunny at 3PM
A couple pictures for today's version of the low miles Special.
Wheeling it into the shop to replace the zippy " Ascot" exhaust back to the "Mike's" Commando repops. I guess age is catching up as I prefer to go through my neighborhood a bit stealthily, not that these were all that loud. Plus the left side looks a bit barren.
Side stand working like it was never missing.

View attachment 255852
View attachment 255853
6C and Sunny at 3PM
A couple pictures for today's version of the low miles Special.
Wheeling it into the shop to replace the zippy " Ascot" exhaust back to the "Mike's" Commando repops. I guess age is catching up as I prefer to go through my neighborhood a bit stealthily, not that these were all that loud. Plus the left side looks a bit barren.
Side stand working like it was never missing.

Looks good @lakeview!

P

I’m surprised you guys are getting this nasty weather. Hope I don’t jinx it but we’ve enjoyed a very mild November so far. There’s been several nights where the temps have dropped below 0C but in the daytime there may have been one day where it was below zero for maybe half a day.

Back