XS650 Craigslist postings depository

At checkout it's foldin' money...and when the fellas ask me do you have a reewarrdscascard? I reply that "it was rough goin' but I recovered, cough cough!" After that, if they don't get it yet, they ask me for a phone number...
I don't have a phone." If they persist (some do) it's "Look Brother, this is a cash deal between you an' me."

Over the recent months I get less and less resistance. How about that. Tide must change, eh?

At checkout it's foldin' money...and when the fellas ask me do you have a reewarrdscascard? I reply that "it was rough goin' but I recovered, cough cough!" After that, if they don't get it yet, they ask me for a phone number...
I don't have a phone." If they persist (some do) it's "Look Brother, this is a cash deal between you an' me."

Over the recent months I get less and less resistance. How about that. Tide must change, eh?
For years, when asked for an e-mail at checkout, I gave the address of the short fat irritable receptionist at work. I can only imagine all the junk he got in his inbox.

Appears I'm not the only one getting fed up being dragged into an unwelcome conversation at the cash desk. Halfords keep playing that game, they want to know your email address and your car (!) registration number. Frigging cheek!

The email address is so they can save paper and send you a virtual receipt. And just in case you're interested, details of special offers on windscreen replacement or antifreeze or steering wheel covers or other spam. I just wanna buy this tool, I don't want to enter into a social media relationship with your organisation.

I fink the idea of the registration number is, they can tell you whether the part you're buying is compatible with that vehicle. Well, good luck thinking they have any idea what fits a 1970s Yamaha which I doubt even an official Yamaha main dealer would know. Or be arsed to find out.

Had a ridiculous conversation when I bought some white undercoat which was not right for whatever vehicle I had quoted - the W800? What did I want a can of white for? None of their business but this actually:

PICT2856.JPG

So now when I go to Halfords there tends to be a rather brusque conversation 'No, can I just simply pay please? You know, sort you out with some money and then we're done here.'

Last edited:
Had one place I frequented fall under new management. After that the cashiers wanted to be your best buddy....
"Hi James"..... it's Jim.
"How's your day goin'?" .... none of your effin business
"Got any plans for today?" ... same answer.
Last time I was in there I told the manager his cashiers were irritating.
"That's our way of being personable" He sez.... I ain't been back since.

Harbor Freight opens the greeting with "Phone number please?"

Harbor Freight sends you an email copy of your recent purchase. I keep getting emails showing something that was purchased ( not by me ). I’m guessing there must be somebody that , when they get asked for their phone number, changes their number by one digit, to my number. :shrug:

The first place I remember that started trying to track people was Radio Shack. This was probably back in the early eighties, I went in to buy some batteries with cash. Cashier says what’s your address? I looked at him and said, you don’t need that I’m just buying some batteries. He said I have to type in an address to ring up the sale, I said use yours. He wouldn’t , so I just made up some stupid thing like 1234 Main Street. He rolled his eyes, I got my batteries and then avoided going back there.

Had one place I frequented fall under new management. After that the cashiers wanted to be your best buddy....
"Hi James"..... it's Jim.
"How's your day goin'?" .... none of your effin business
"Got any plans for today?" ... same answer.
Last time I was in there I told the manager his cashiers were irritating.
"That's our way of being personable" He sez.... I ain't been back since.
Local farm store is like that, but more genuine.
"Place has gone to shit, can't find anything now."
"Just look harder, ye daft fecker."

Local farm store is like that, but more genuine.
"Place has gone to shit, can't find anything now."
"Just look harder, ye daft fecker."
In the rural South, where I live, people are pretty friendly. Generally, if a younger employee is addressing you and they know you they will call you Mr. followed by your first name. They are usually helpful in finding stuff if you can't. This does not apply to big box stores. Of course you have to go to a muuuuuch bigger town than the one I live near to suffer that indignity.

Wher I'm at I try to go to a small locally owned (ace hardware) store especially during old people hours (after 9am and before 3pm)
They carry a lot of different items and they are now my go to place for metric hardware and If you can't find it they can
I just bring an example

Wher I'm at I try to go to a small locally owned (ace hardware) store especially during old people hours (after 9am and before 3pm)
They carry a lot of different items and they are now my go to place for metric hardware and If you can't find it they can
I just bring an example
I use my locally owned Ace too. I also have a great mom-n-pop auto parts store nearby. Truck parts, trailer parts chainsaw, mower parts. Great 45 year old business now being ran by the son, and he's doing a good job.

And if you ever have an isuue with what you bought it don't take long to where you don't have an issue

I dunno what the heck I'd do without an Ace nearby...seriously.

Im always going on nut/bolt/screw (fastener?!) buying missions when Im working on any kind of project.
My goto is a True Value that has been in business since 1850 (a NEW business to our friends across the pond). The "Ace" has a similar fasteners selection but they are 8 miles (rather than 2) and they are not the place I spent my youth looking for this bolt or that screw.
Footnote, they don't ask for a phone number and do give a "Military" discount.

My goto is a True Value that has been in business since 1850 (a NEW business to our friends across the pond). The "Ace" has a similar fasteners selection but they are 8 miles (rather than 2) and they are not the place I spent my youth looking for this bolt or that screw.
Footnote, they don't ask for a phone number and do give a "Military" discount.
Yeah, they're all in the same here...Ace/True Value combined years ago in the Northwest.

Spotted this one today at our local once a year vintage swap meet.

The tank, side panels, seat and chrome were pristine looking (fork ears were a little tweaked looking). Non-original mufflers of course, as they were always prone to rotting out pretty badly...but they were nice looking aftermarket units.

Certainly the nicest 77 I've ever seen and in my opinion it was priced very well.

I'd a bought it in a heartbeat if the 77 colors were my thing.

1692403551875.png

1692403598321.png

Spotted this one today at our local once a year vintage swap meet.

The tank, side panels, seat and chrome were pristine looking (fork ears were a little tweaked looking). Non-original mufflers of course, as they were always prone to rotting out pretty badly...but they were nice looking aftermarket units.

Certainly the nicest 77 I've ever seen and in my opinion it was priced very well.

I'd a bought it in a heartbeat if the 77 colors were my thing.

View attachment 249525

View attachment 249526
Clean bike and great price!!

Back