1979 Ground Pounder Bobber Builid

I am loving this build. Lots of really clean, interesting fab. I was thinking of pitching the alloys that came with the basket I just aquired for my build, but now I'm thinking it may be the spokers that go. The holes and the dual-sport tires totally change the look of them.

Question: did you mask around the holes in the spokes or did you do the countersink after powdercoat. Looks clean as hell.

I am loving this build. Lots of really clean, interesting fab. I was thinking of pitching the alloys that came with the basket I just aquired for my build, but now I'm thinking it may be the spokers that go. The holes and the dual-sport tires totally change the look of them.

Question: did you mask around the holes in the spokes or did you do the countersink after powdercoat. Looks clean as hell.

Thanks!! I counter sunk them after I painted them

Here's some more pics!!

ee5ea458.jpg

e36563a4.jpg

well it is 99.9% done. after so many carb and electrical issues it is all running good. had to replace my worm gear and pushrod which i thought would fix it... it didnt. tool clutch apart and all the metal plates were warped like a bitch! lol it was dragging so bad but not anymore! :) i am glad to say i have a tent bag strapped to the front bars, and a backpack with cloths, a sleeping bag is rolled up on the back pack and a ground mat also. i am headed to the symco shakedown which is in Manawa WI about 45 minutes from home.

G%20Symco%20Postcard%202012%20v1.jpg
2012%20Symco%20Flyer%20WOW%20Low%20Res.jpg

http://www.symcoshakedown.com/Symco_Shakedown/Main.html

Bike is awesome! just saw the drilled mags for the first time today and im liking it! did you clear the countersink after drilling them? being in florida, rust is the #1 enemy

Last edited:
The mags were not cleared over after. It was a last minute idea and I like the turnout of them. The shakedown was bigger than last year and a huge blast. I had to sneek the XS in because it wasnt old enough but everyone seemed to like it. Had two photographers digging it so they did a photoshoot. (my hour of fame) lol I will get some pictures up of them once they email me some

FENDER BROKE :( forgot to tell you guys! back pack was packed full with cloths and tools, and sleeping bag tent etc..... railroad track....... bump.....seat went down.... backpack won, fender lost. time to repair i will be posting details about that when i get to fixing it

Very nice bridge, where abouts is that...... LOL just kidding! Kick ass fotoshoot lets hope they put it in print.... that would be like an Olimpic gold medal project wize.

Kick ass Build !

Bridge is in Symco wisconsin it is an old bridge that serves no purpose at all! Lol the town of Symco is a bunch of acres of land where the owner bought and was donated old buildings and barns etc. he created a mini town to resemble a town from the 50s

Back