Interesting Posts Today

You can ride it in the rain, Ads. I don't often set out on a long ride if it's raining, but if I've decided I intend to go someplace, won't let a bit of wet put me off. Otherwise, there's too many days when the weather can't make up its mind, I can't make up my mind and it ends up nobody goes anywhere.

You can ride it in the rain, Ads. I don't often set out on a long ride if it's raining, but if I've decided I intend to go someplace, won't let a bit of wet put me off. Otherwise, there's too many days when the weather can't make up its mind, I can't make up my mind and it ends up nobody goes anywhere.
When I lived over there, I rode in the rain all the time. 'Course, I didn't have a car so wasn't much to choose from. Maybe I'm not the best one to comment.... :wink2:

I think that makes you a fair weather rider like me and not like hard core @Raymond.
Well, I'm kinda in between. Like Raymond, if my mind's set on a ride and there's rain on the way, I'll sometimes roll the dice and see if I can beat it.
Otherwise.... yeah, mostly a fair weather guy nowadays. :smoke:

I actually like riding in the rain. This is however a first shakedown ride to see what needs retightening etc; best done on dry roads me thinks. Done many tours over the Alps and through Europe, often in the rain on old classic bikes. I’m ‘ard I am!
:boxing:

I've decided I intend to go someplace, won't let a bit of wet put me off.

Meanwhile somewhere in the Arizona desert……😄
71985E06-D154-4674-858E-CC16BEF04938.jpeg

I was thinking about this just the other day.

I ride for pleasure. If I get caught in the rain, I can tough it out with the best of them, but I'm damned if I'll set out in it on purpose!

If God had meant for Man to ride in the rain, he'd never have invented cars with heat and AC...

I think that makes you a fair weather rider like me and not like hard core @Raymond.
Well, thank you @jetmechmarty but I'm not really hard core. Helps not having a car, but even then, can borrow Mrs' Mini if I need to shift stuff around or whatever. Used to commute to work on a bike all year round but that has not done me joints any favours long-term. These days I'll nip out for shopping or a local errand whatever the weather but try to avoid the bloody salt. Which is hopefully over for this season.

Falling off in the wet? Once heard it said, on wet roads you lose 10% of grip and 90% of confidence. Just ride steady and as always give the tin boxes a safety margin.

Well, thank you @jetmechmarty but I'm not really hard core. Helps not having a car, but even then, can borrow Mrs' Mini if I need to shift stuff around or whatever. Used to commute to work on a bike all year round but that has not done me joints any favours long-term. These days I'll nip out for shopping or a local errand whatever the weather but try to avoid the bloody salt. Which is hopefully over for this season.

Falling off in the wet? Once heard it said, on wet roads you lose 10% of grip and 90% of confidence. Just ride steady and as always give the tin boxes a safety margin.
Raymond : Falling off in the wet? Once heard it said, on wet roads you lose 10% of grip and 90% of confidence. Just ride steady and as always give the tin boxes a safety margin.

Good advise Raymond. Be steady and smooth in the wet. Its surprising how much grip you really have; with decent tread on the tires. No Kamikaze braking into corners. Smooth and swift is the order of the day. I learnt a lot doing track days on rain soaked tracks; and the knowledge and feel learnt transfers to the road remarkably well.

Back