Interesting Posts Today

Truly, I admire his dedication and perseverence; his long-term goals and the means of getting there, for all of us.

However...
I shall always think of him as an almighty asshole, after that 'paedo guy' remark he made during the Thai cave boys rescue.
it's refreshing to have a "star" who appears to be on his own, not neatly packaged.

This reminds me of something i read the other day.............

If a monkey in a zoo horded all the bananas from the other monkeys at feeding, scientists would study the monkeys behavior to look for reasons why.

When humans hord a bunch of money and don't share they are revered and get put on the cover of forbs magazine
If the monkeys exhibited any human-like behavior it would be studied, not just behaviors you don't like. If you took the money hoarders and distributed their money equally, it wouldn't help anybody really. Otoh progress happens from the top down, as was true in the era of kings and emperors, which takes wealth. Regardless of economic system the leaders are rich... I'm much more worried about people with power than ppl with money.

I heard it suggested on a youtube video that one should substitute "rich people's yacht money" in place of the word "economy" every time they heard it mentioned in the media.
Interesting.

Last edited:
1659467741820.png

If the monkeys exhibited any human-like behavior it would be studied, not just behaviors you don't like. If you took the money hoarders and distributed their money equally, it wouldn't help anybody really. Otoh progress happens from the top down, as was true in the era of kings and emperors, which takes wealth. Regardless of economic system the leaders are rich... I'm much more worried about people with power than ppl with money.

I'm sorry to inform you, but monkeys exhibiting a whole bunch of human traits, has been and still are being studied. The hording of food, (in the joke comparing, to humans hording money), is not one of them.

Back