Interesting Posts Today

Oldest leather shoes that have survived to this day are cowhide moccasins discovered in a cave in Armenia. Examination conducted by scientists from Ireland, Armenia, US, Israel & Britain, are published by journal PLoS One. Object dated 3500 BC (late neolithic or early copper age)

1660864731273.png

Native American grinding stone (Metate) and small upper millstone (Mano) found in Marion County, Florida USA. These date to the Early Woodland Period in North Florida; 1000-200 BC. They were used for grinding grains and seeds.

1660868851420.png

Last edited:
I'm not sure what photoshopistry they're using to get these visual representations of invisible wavelengths. But it is an art. A major cool thing about JWST is its eyes into the infrared region, where the universe is so old and so "far away" (not really though) and moving so fast that the radiation is red shifted clear into the invisible infrared. I expect this post to be deleted into invisible wavelengths. Flat Earthers I assume

If your interested i think the NASA site could explain it better than me
Something rare to impossible to find is a shot that gives a sense of how I think a distant sky object would look if you were near it. Our galaxy and the Andromeda galaxy are similar. When you see pictures of Andromeda they're layered multiple long exposures, to start with, and you get this very bright and defined thing. But we're literally inside our galaxy and there's none of that. When you look up in the sky and see the Andromeda galaxy it's just a large-ish fuzzy patch. I think if you were traveling there what you would see is a fuzzy patch that looms larger and larger but less and less defined, until you were in it.

No question the images are enhanced refined for human viewing. You know like an ocsiliscope renders electrical phenomenon into human interpertible images.

^And like nobody throws money at fuzzy and gray... Except maybe if it's a kitten. I've always been perturbed by the lack of realism. But in both cases, if you don't do something, there's nothing to see. Both meaning both optical and shifted. I don't have a problem with infrared shifted to visible since it's like slowing it down so you can see it but not adding anything. That is what JWST images will be, the ones of distant objects

Last edited:
No question the images are enhanced refined for human viewing. You know like an ocsiliscope renders electrical phenomenon into human interpertible images.
Just like a cell phone renders an image based on light playing on electrical sensors. At least.... ain't no photo developing lab inside my phone. ;)

What!!! are you telling me with the Photos i take on my camera i don't need to download the pics to my computer in a dark room???

What is the world coming to, I don't know what to believe these days...........

What!!! are you telling me with the Photos i take on my camera i don't need to download the pics to my computer in a dark room???

What is the world coming to, I don't know what to believe these days...........
Down loading is fine it's just if you want to print them out it has to be dark and then you hang them up to let them dry.

Back