New here, need some help!!

Centerstand, do you have the centerstand still? With the bike on its stand you have all the control.
Kick starting on its wheels is more difficult as you are also balancing the bike on its suspension resulting in a weaker kick.

Last edited:
Perhaps ..? someone else tell if wrong
Taking the plugs out of their holes and ground them against the cylinder head on the outside .. Doing the test kicking
It will hurt less while watching to see if there is any spark.
If suspecting the box died

Centerstand, do you have the centerstand still? With the bike on its stand you have all the control.
Kick starting on its wheels is more difficult as you are also balancing the bike on its suspension resulting in a weaker kick.

Oh like the kickstand, no I don't have that.. I'm not sure why but the PO said it didn't have one I'm not sure why lol.

Perhaps ..? someone else tell if wrong
Taking the plugs out of their holes and ground them against the cylinder head on the outside .. Doing the test kicking
It will hurt less while watching to see if there is any spark.
If suspecting the box died

What box? And I did, there is spark which is why idk what the heck is going on with the bike lol. I emailed mikesxs. And here's the link as to why:
http://www.xs650.com/threads/electronic-ignition-problem.54386/

This guy has similar problems to me! I'm wondering if all this time (yes the carbs needed done etc) but since that's all been done I wonder if I got a faulty ignition

Fuses were all replaced today, I thought fuse too but doesn't seem to be the issue.
Just so you're clear, a blown (or bad) fuse removes power. You said you have spark, so....

If it's kicking back because it's too advanced, retarding incrementally will eventually get it done.... but ...you might encounter several more kickbacks along the way. On the other hand... if you move it to full retard now... all at once... and then incrementally advance it, you'll eventually get it to run without the kickbacks. Your leg will be much happier.
Jus' sayin....
93A39C0E-A0CC-4377-A8EC-53D84CDAD24E.jpeg

OK sorry about that I Misunderstood the part clicking sound not there anymore.
But if there now is spark .plugs out. There is spark in also usually and the kickback something is firing
Its either timing off or
Ignition faulty
The timing can be adjusted --retarded .. but the rest can be difficult. On line to find

OK sorry about that I Misunderstood the part clicking sound not there anymore.
But if there now is spark .plugs out. There is spark in also usually and the kickback something is firing
Its either timing off or
Ignition faulty
The timing can be adjusted --retarded .. but the rest can be difficult. On line to find

I've been trying to adjust timing to see if it'll work. But it is not working.. I really am thinking my ignition is crap be lol

My headlight works and everything lol just no click. The best way to to describe the click is it's when I turn the kill switch on and the coil has almost a magnetic reaction from the current. It's almost like a click sound when you put magnet on a fridge door lol. It just confirms the current is going through, and that's when I can kickstart it and there's kickback and sounds that show it is trying to do something but never starts. But half the time there isn't a click sound and if I kick it there's no kickback or anything and it doesn't do anything to try to even start a little

I want to see the video of you jumping up and down with the smile that ate Pittsburgh on yer face when this thing finally starts.....
Standby for take #1.......

Lol if it ever starts!!! This thing is gonna be the death of me!! But you'll hear me scream oh eff yeah! From like Japan once it starts hahahhahahahaha

A clicking sound is something that comes out of a relay.
Can you localize where the sound comes from and perhaps upload a picture
or tell if there is a picture of it already here
is it that ignition

https://www.mikesxs.net/blog/how-to...-xs650-gen-ii-e-advancer-electronic-ignition/

It's this one actually https://www.mikesxs.net/xs-charge-xs650-gen-ii-standard-electronic-ignition.html

But the clicking comes from like the coil where the wires plug into the terminals

It's this one actually https://www.mikesxs.net/xs-charge-xs650-gen-ii-standard-electronic-ignition.html

But the clicking comes from like the coil where the wires plug into the terminals

So if I get this right you have a Coil with sound effects --- that is something that needs to be checked I have never heard of that

There instructions please recheck
https://www.mikesxs.net/blog/xscharge-xs650-standard-ignition-installation/

With attention to electric connections ..the ground wire ..Must be solid and clean
Please check the black one Frame Ground

AND
This is a system that uses the stock advance

Please Note:

• It is recommended that the advance rod and centrifugal unit be serviced prior to installing this system.

If that advance rod and centrifugal unit is at the wrong position or not working it may well be the reason for the kickback the
Ignition is stuck in the advanced Position
I would consider to lock it in the retarded position with a rubber band or string or Duct tape or something :While testing and
Fault Finding the Sound in the Coil first.

Phila.PNG

Back