New here!

I don’t care what they say, they can keep their Holleys and edelbrocks. Those Rochesters are fantastic in a street rod if you know how to talk to them.
Q jets are the intelligent carb. I did this rebuild 25 years ago and was in the dark on the carbs. Son had a guy work his Q jet magic on the motor and son suddenly had a wheel stander 80 Cutlass Supreme with a 455 Buick Towing cam, 9.5 cr motor. Son sold the car, kept the motor and I really need to find a 65/66 Skylark for that motor.

Ya....truth be told...having the engine done was to save time... the wife wants my energy back on our 40' Ford Coupe project. I have a few hundred hours in sheet metal so far and needed to step away for mental reasons🤣 it was rear ended when it came to us, but mostly a complete car. So full rear quarters were needed... eventually it'll sport as 58' Olds 371 J-2 motor that's also waiting in the shop for a build up😉 here's a pic of the progress so far, pretty much only virgin sheetmetal left will be the roof, doors,.and fenders....which is regrettable because nothing welds as nice as that original Henry ford steel. But, I need to get this xs build out of my system first. View attachment 252727
'40 DeLuxe Coupe was my fathers favorite car of all time. I have a '48 sedan that has been on the backburner since dad died, one day... Please start a thread on the '40. Sounds like a great project.

Last edited:
Ok, tore the 80' to peices today! Time to pressure wash and start de-tabbing this frame. Gotta build some kind of a temporary box/workstand to set this thing on now, don't really want to spring for a moto-lift table, space is precious in this shop🤣
1000001944.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, tore the 80' to peices today! Time to pressure wash and start de-tabbing this frame. Gotta build some kind of a temporary box/workstand to set this thing on now, don't really want to spring for a moto-lift table, space is precious in this shop🤣
View attachment 252866
Work with the space you have. I piss myself off because some days I spend just getting reorganized...

View attachment 252866
So it begins. The most fun part

You want to sell those stock shocks?

Mustang still running the 200 six?
Yes, 200 six. Ignition problem recently popped up on original ignition. Starts but dies when I release the key switch. I suspect the condenser but will replace plugs, wires, cap, rotor, points, condenser. The key switch was newly replace when I worked on/restored the car in 1991. (That is next inline)

Yes, 200 six. Ignition problem recently popped up on original ignition. Starts but dies when I release the key switch. I suspect the condenser but will replace plugs, wires, cap, rotor, points, condenser. The key switch was newly replace when I worked on/restored the car in 1991. (That is next inline)
Is there a resistor/ballast in line w/the ignition?

1000001945.jpg

I'm torn on the center stand mount! To cut off or not?🤔 End result I would like the frame as clean as possible, but I really do enjoy having a readily available center stand....going for a lean/clean scrambler here

View attachment 252933
I'm torn on the center stand mount! To cut off or not?🤔 End result I would like the frame as clean as possible, but I really do enjoy having a readily available center stand....going for a lean/clean scrambler here
Remove it and buy a over center pit jack.

View attachment 252933
My son just bought a tracker. The builder left the mount on the frame and included the stand. It sits in the garage till needed. It is simple to mount the stand for maintenance, then remove the bolts and stand. Just one option. 46th Georgia has a good one too.
Sorry for the 200 6 cylinder hijack. 😀

Back