Whats your weather right now?

-5°F actual with -10°F windchill. About 6" of "partly cloudy" on the ground. 'Sposta get to the upper teens temp wise today but more "accumulating" snow forecast for tomorrow. The Honda and Yammy wait patiently in the garage for next week when we get back in the 50°'s!

Mike
We have the same here, south of Memphis. It's currently 3F. Tomorrow's forecast is snow. I've been living at this latitude for most of my adult life. This is the second time near Memphis and I've been hear less than 2.5 years. This first time I came hear was January 1978. I arrived to the aftermath of ice and snow and freezing temperatures back then. Having come from Western New York, I thought nothing of it.

We have the same here, south of Memphis. It's currently 3F. Tomorrow's forecast is snow. I've been living at this latitude for most of my adult life. This is the second time near Memphis and I've been hear less than 2.5 years. This first time I came hear was January 1978. I arrived to the aftermath of ice and snow and freezing temperatures back then. Having come from Western New York, I thought nothing of it.
I've lived here all my life as well, 'cept when I was "vacationing" with my "uncle" in the USMC. I'm used to this sorta shit every five years or so but it still doesn't make it any more pleasant and the older I get, the crankier I get when it happens. My only salvation is that I know it is short lived and spring is right around the corner!

M

20210216_081141.jpg
-8C at 8 AM and Still Snowing
I think the trip to town to see my MIL will have to wait a day or three.

We had bit of heat wave in KC this morning it was -20 (WC) VS yesterday's -32. Its actually warmer in Vostock (12) than it is in KC (-2) today. It is actually the same temp (-2) in KC right now as McMurdo Ice Station in Antarctica just to put things into perspective.

I rode last week on a sunny 65°F day, but today it's about 34°F with some frozen drizzle. Just lovely. It's okay, had my 2nd vaccination on Saturday and I'm just starting to feel like a human again. So, I fell better, but the weather sucks. But at least I didn't get 3 feet of snow all at once as Yamadude did. Wow, I don't miss that. I just got word that in Brunswick County, NC that there were tornadoes last night and left 5 dead. Maybe I'll take the snow instead!

Talked to the light company this morning because they have fixed the line my power comes from but they have cut me loose from the grid because thanks to the total lack of effort by the transportation dept to keep anything but I-10 cleared they can't get to the section of line that has a tree on it. I feel bad for my neighbor as he just finished putting in 4 heat pumps and is huddled. by his fireplace.

I had filled up 2 of the cars in anticipation of a day or so of power outage. Sadly one of the cars is stuck at the bottom of my hill because txdot can't be bothered to put brine down on the 400' of grade on ether side of my hill.
I have tried to reach Steve but I suspect he has no power,internet or cell service. His high way is one of the few that txdot is admitting to be closed.

Thankfully I have batteries and inverters to provide some light and power for laptop and cell.
Everybody stay warm.

High of a balmy 11° today. Rollin' down through 8° on it's way to 2° as the next system rolls through. Power has been going out on our block... not the rolling blackouts... these just last for a minute or two. Although, the duration seems to be getting longer.
No matter, let it go dark. Plenty of dry wood in the garage and the wood stove is justa cookin'. Bring it on. :smoke:

zz.jpg

High of a balmy 11° today. Rollin' down through 8° on it's way to 2° as the next system rolls through. Power has been going out on our block... not the rolling blackouts... these just last for a minute or two. Although, the duration seems to be getting longer.
No matter, let it go dark. Plenty of dry wood in the garage and the wood stove is justa cookin'. Bring it on. :smoke:

View attachment 185121
I live in a civilized part of the country. No power outages YET.
If so we have a cat and a dog, they may have to prove their worth.o_O
Plus a gas stove.

Back