XS650 Craigslist postings depository

Wow thats crazy
Who knew
Since it's painted can't ypu just fill in the holes on another one and just drill one ?

Wow thats crazy
Who knew
Since it's painted can't ypu just fill in the holes on another one and just drill one ?
I certainly would, yes. But to the purist....who knows?

That first year DT-1 had several one year only oddities to it that make it pretty endearing to collectors (besides being a very historic, ground breaking bike).

The gas tank had two bolt mounts below the front of the tank instead of traditional slip fit grommets that came later.

The exhaust pipe had a small stinger appendage that extended over the right rear shock mount, later ones had shorter, removable spark arrestor/baffle.

It had a mini sized tachometer that was smaller than the speedometer it was mounted next to, later ones were matching size.

Then the aforementioned one bolt taillight which later went to a two bolt traditional set up.

Last edited:
Ah yes, the very, very elusive one hole, one year only 1968 DT-1 rear taillight.

Obviously the owner knows what he has there.

I have a couple 1970 DT-1s as restoration projects too so I'm familiar with how elusive that mount is. He'll probably get what he's asking believe it or not.

A thousand bucks for a bent taillight AND 15 bucks shipping? Yeah.... no greed there is there? :banghead:

Here's an example:

https://nationalmcmuseum.org/2017/06/30/1968-yamaha-dt-1/

Lots of good images in the slide show of the attachment.

1689191465537.png

Back