How about some stretch ?

SangreDeDios

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Picked up a roller today, i'm usually not a fan of long bikes but for 100 bucks i couldnt pass this up. the frame actually looks good, everything has been smoothed and molded, too bad it still has shocks, if i keep it i will hardtail it.
Which brings me to my question, there are plenty of xs bobbers out there but i havent seen many long choppers. I think recently the one that comes to mind was a bike working class choppers was working on and that one is sweet. Anyone got any pics of some long stretched out xs choppers? I'd love to see some.
i'll start.

IMG00084.jpg

IMG00083.jpg

havent measured yet but yes those forks are long as hell.

so does anyone out there have any pics of what im looking for?
trying to find some inspiration.:laugh:

yeah ive been googling and found a couple of long ones but not many.
i like the one in the link above but i think if i'm going to keep mine it will be a hardtail.
anyways, anyone got any other pics or links to long bikes feel free.

Just a rough guess I'd say 8 over. My calipers say the distance between the trees is about 20 mm's the front end I have setting in the corner measure about 7 inches between the trees. My calipers measure your pic from the top of the trees to the top of the fork lowers at about 65 mm's. If 20 mm = 7 inches, 65 mm = 22.75 inches, we can call that 23 inches. My front end measures 15 inches from the lowers to the top. 23 - 15 = 8. So your about 8 over. Thats my guess.
The back bone looks ok but they way the down tubes have two bends in them looks a bit off to mee. I think if when they did the frame work the cut the down tubes off infront of the lower engine mount bolt and off at the steering head and made new tubes so they had just one bend would look better.
Either straight from the head down and bend just in front of the engine. Or cut the down tubes off just above the lowerbend, and one smooth bend up to the head kinda like a mild goose neck.
I'm not much of a hard tail fan, but with the long forks the rear looks to short. A 4 or 6 inch back with a about a 2 inch drop will be good.

Back