New Battery Installed

scabber

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
I just put a new battery in my bike 220 CCA. The old battery was 210 CCA. The new one turns the bike over a lot faster. First start up after putting away for the winter. I had to crank it more than usual no problem. I shopped around for the best price for the battery. It was on sale around $25 off so it was $6.00 less than the old 210 CCA. The reviews were good. The Battery called Big Crank from battery mart .com. Made in the USA. Bought a battery minder plus to keep it charged. I haven't had an AGM battery last over 2 years so far. Hope this one lasts longer.

And now the rest of the story. Time to figure out where it was made and who made it. Made in the USA was the reason I bought it. The box said manufactured by EPM Products. So I Google it an go to the corporate headquarters and they make a lot of shit. Batteries is just one division. Deka battery is the largest battery recycler in the industry. It has a 590+ acre plant in Lyon station PA. The most modern plant and a non polluter at that. They recycle everything lead acid ect. Hooray for us. Since they are independent the Hotshot brand is a Deka generic for Battery Mart out of Winchester VA. Free fedex shipping ordered after one on Tues was at my door thurs 11 am. So everybody wins it was a good day all around. Got to hear the commando muffler system. Time to ride stealth mode a lot quieter than the shorty's. Charging system working great ready to ride. Warmer weather in forecast life is good. :D

Lead acid batteries are one of the best recycle success stories out there, lead is recycled at a better than 95% rate. AFAIK most lead acid batteries sold here are made here in the US, Johnson Controls makes (or used to anyways) a lot of them. Lead is heavy, shipping abroad and back here is expensive. One assembly line, about 50 different brand labels can be slapped on at the end. LOL

What size battery is in your bike now. You have relocated the one on your bike. I bought the ETX-15L it fits the stock size battery box years 1975 to 82. Best to get the size off your old battery. Then you will know it will fit. If you give me the number I can advise you on the right battery for your bike..

Back