New XS Brat Build -- Counterbalance Motorcycles

Not too much to tell about the space... just a decent sized warehouse space in the toxic waste part of pawtucket... Pretty sweet tho. after about 8pm there isnt a soul within a half mile to a mile... Get to make as much noise as i want.. Take some test rides through a neighborhood of old mill buildings... Just waiting for robocop to jump out of a wall or something...

Some older pictures from my blog... space is getting better and better by the day. Its alot of work to have a full time job, try and build bikes in the spare time, and try and get the shop to a good working order...

meh+01.jpg

BED+004.jpg

Chillin with the mouse killah...

0017+NEW+SHOP.jpg

haha... they are pretty goofy... but i think thats why i like them. Everything ive done so far has been clip ons, tracker bars, drag bars... got boring...

After riding them i love them tho... bike is soo much fun to ride...

Looks like your carving yourself a nice piece of the world. Is it just me or are there tons of old cheap Japanese bikes in RI? The last four I've bought have come from there. Anyway nice work and those bars are great.

Whats happenin guys... finally started snowing and staying under 30 degrees here in Rhode Island... so I decided to finish this brat bike and get it painted. Had a few parts of the frame to finish welding, and had to cut off a few more brackets. Also had to drill some holes to properly mount the coil...

Should be able to spend some time on the wire wheel this weekend and get the frame and some other bits ready to paint...

Have more pics shortly... Not many process pics of taking it apart... litereally took about 2 hours to completely strip it down to bare frame... i love having a simple bike...

Yama+0003.jpg

Yama+0001.jpg

Yama+0002.jpg

Haha.. totally... i need to build another quarter pipe or a wedge to get speed tho... was planning on making one but the landlord threw away all of the old lumber i was using... If not we can def crack a beer...

Got to massage the frame a little more today... finished cutting the old bosses for the master cylinder since i switched the bike over to a rear drum... When i ground the bosses down they started to come out of the frame, so i welded them back in and ground smooth... turned out pretty nice... few more touch ups here and there and it will be ready for prime...

Yami+00001.jpg

Yami+090002.jpg

Yami+00003.jpg

Yami+00004.jpg

Welds are a little gnarly.. but still learning my new tig welder...

Yami+0004.jpg

Really love the bike. In the process of building an 81' brat, but having trouble figuring out how to mount the battery. Any insight? Thinking about switching to the lithium Shorai due to the size.

Spent some more time on the bike over the past couple weeks. Got the frame and most of the important parts painted black. Probably gonna leave a few parts bare metal and clear coat them.

Still have to figure out the tins paint scheme and paint the fender... but that should come in the next week or so...

Coming together pretty nicely so far...

Brat+005.jpg

Brat+002.jpg

Brat+001.jpg

Brat+003.jpg

Brat+002.jpg

Brat+004.jpg

Brat+005.jpg

So rad!

Cant tell if those are jackrabbits or narrowed chumps or something... I def thought about getting some of those and doing that... bars are easy enough to swap out on this bike tho...

Love what they did with the tank too... Hes gotta be bottoming out that wheel tho... well both wheels prob haha...

This pic makes my brain hurt its so cool..

tumblr_luekl0rfat1r56ztuo1_500.png

Back