New XS Brat Build -- Counterbalance Motorcycles

Got into some work again this weekend... finished clearing the tank. Got the sandpaper out and knocked it all down. spent a good couple hours buffing and glazing...

Bike is all done... just have to throw a license plate on it and wait until some warmer weather before i take it for a ride... hopefully later this week!

xs+650+brat+0001.jpg

xs+650+brat+0003.jpg

xs+650+brat+0004.jpg

xs+650+brat+0006.jpg

xs+650+brat+0005.jpg

xs+650+brat+0007.jpg

xs+650+brat+0008.jpg

Well shit, that came out awesome. You make this look to easy

Im jealous of the skate ramp, Im trying to figure a way to put one in my shop

Skate ramps are great for the shop... these damn motorcycles keep getting in the way though.. .hahah

Thanks for the comments dude... ill probably take some better pictures when i can get this out in the open...

I used some silver base coat, silver metal flake in a 2 part urethane clear.... Then candy concentrate in with some clear... Then just a black solid coat... And lots more clear...

Nah... Haha... I picked up a cheap DevilBliss gun with a compressor .... Works out great ... Paint is. A little more expensive but results are way better....

Damn man, that thing is sick. I check out your blog on a pretty regular basis...still holding out for the burnt orange scoot to make more appearances. One of my favorite XS builds so far.

Hahah.. thanks man. Orange bike is getting some tlc still. I scavenged the exhaust for this bike as it became a priority. Got a sent of bends, just need to refill the gas for my tig and weld up another set. Other than that i just have to fit a new starter block off plate and replace a few gaskets and it will be hitting the road for a little bit... then craigslist probably...

Bike looks great... nice job on the paint. I'm about to do my first flake job myself. Not so sure about that grip position though, I don't mind apes or crazy looking bars but that looks uncomfortable or scary not sure which.

Back