We're off to see the Wizard!

Did you have time to find the two shocks that the green covers go to?
didn't go looking, I'll put it on today's agenda.

For shocks buying or building this is a must?
1649165907558.png

View attachment 211247
It will assemble/disassemble Progressive Series 12 or 14. It works perfectly on my OE KYB shocks. It’s also inexpensive and safe.

It's worth
Will regular duct tape work?
It's worth a try, but the strap might just slide off of the duct tape like it does on the chrome. The strap will lock on to the rubberized duct tape. Maybe if you tried roughening the regular duct tape with sand paper? Or put contact cement on it, and let it completely dry? Or tried both?

a good soaking both rust buster and heat gun?
Got an air bully? through a wood block or such especially while twisting with the strap wrench.

What is an air bully?
1649179149299.png

But with a tool that has a saddle to fit the side of the collar it's just a big shaker/ loosener. Thought that tool was a normal thing but didn't see one at the usual stores. Guess I made the one I have out of some other tool for the impact pistol.

View attachment 211254
But with a tool that has a saddle to fit the side of the collar it's just a big shaker/ loosener. Thought that tool was a normal thing but didn't see one at the usual stores. Guess I made the one I have out of some other tool for the impact pistol.
I have one of those. Only used it a couple of times.

View attachment 211247
I received my shock tool today. The eye is too small for the tool. I was thinking of grinding the tool to fit. Anyone have this problem?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    491.6 KB · Views: 56
Yeah um sorry but I thought you understood; that tool isn't going to work on these shocks.
they don't have the slotted disk, the eyelet end unthreads off the shaft. The correct tool will need to pull the cover/spring down towards the bottom so you can get at the jam nut then unthread the eyelet. if you send me the green covers and one shock ( I just need a spring) I can fab up a tool, send it to you when I'm done.
I wonder how I took these apart?

Last edited:
Back